The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 A little off topic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 09/12/2011 : 23:22:57
Hiya,

Its my birthday tomorrow and my mum said she'll buy me a reptile :)

Going to select a Royal for my daughter in the morning, but what shouls I get?

He has Rat Snake, Hognose, various Corn snakes and lizards..I really like the Bearded Dragon but they sound like a lot of work. I know Corns are popular but from videos I have seen they never seem to settle, but constantly want to roam.
I want something that will happily settle on me..I am hedging toward either a BD or Hognose.

Any suggestions?
I don't want a huge snake btw lol
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 11/12/2011 : 09:19:09
congrats. check out this forum for beardies, i got loads of great advise from the people there
http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk/
JanieW Posted - 11/12/2011 : 02:26:01
Thanks for all your advice, it's appreciated.

Boom, I looked round all the reptiles while my daughter met her RP, i'm not taken with Corns, I wanted something I could hold without having to keep up with it lol

I think in my heart I had already fallen for Beardies, then after holding one for 15 minutes my fate was sealed.
I brought home the baby that chose me, he was determined not to be left:)

This isn't the forum to tell of his antics, but i'll share events with the Royal, another charactor for sure.
boomslang Posted - 10/12/2011 : 12:40:22
Have alook around the shop,get something that you like and are interested in.Don't get somthing they talk you into by saying its great for you as its a starter snake.

Don't get a corn or bearded dragon just cuz there popular.Royals are great as others have said,hognose snakes can be alittle more work,but are very active in the day.

Anyway won't list everything you could get,as its the morning now
venommum2011 Posted - 10/12/2011 : 11:41:47
Yeah I agree the RP is probably the best one although I'm quite found of my king snake he has character....
sultanheart Posted - 10/12/2011 : 07:49:09
go for a royal python.. its the best choice for a lot of reptiles lovers,, no regrets and wish u a happy birthday too =))
n/a Posted - 09/12/2011 : 23:35:38
Well ... corns are livelier than royals but I wouldn't say they're constantly on the roam. My older girls, while being lovesick and roaming in the spring, are usually pretty placid ...and a full grown corn of 4/5', once it's done its mess for the week, is a very impressive and peaceable companion. Corns are lovely!

If you want a really placid snake (although they too can have their moments in the mating season) you can't go wrong with a royal. True they're retiring and nervous on occasion but once they know you they really are laid back. I feel protective and maternal towards my royals.

My other love, pituophis, that is gopher, pine and bulls, don't think you'd like pits as they pretend to be rattlesnakes but are all bluff.

Amendment - these are the only snakes I know personally - other people will be able to make other suggestions from their experience.

Don't know anything about beardies or hoggies either but believe they're lively, and beardies like a lot of attention. Like any reps, I think if you fall in love with them, and want to give them what they need, they'll be right for you.

Good luck with your choice - hope you find your ideal rep.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000