The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 leopard gecko help plz

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 31/12/2011 : 16:21:48
Hi guys, i have just discovered when sorting out my leos food that i have completely run out of crickets, i thought there might have been a couple hiding in the tub but i was wrong.

anyway i cant get anymore until the shops reopen monday, is there anything i can give him to tie him over till then?

i do have some dried meal worms but i know that they are not nutritious

sods law for this to happen when the shops are shut, but we live and learn
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/01/2012 : 16:59:15
Aww that's good - yeah they're rip-off merchants but useful when you're stuck - glad Leo enjoyed his grub!
acd1984 Posted - 01/01/2012 : 16:48:51
thanks for the help, i got some crickets from pets at home, which were more expensive for less product but leo enjoyed them none the less lol
acd1984 Posted - 01/01/2012 : 00:04:59
iv often thought of buying in bulk and using a faun, but they absolutely stink so i buy them by the tub every couple of weeks.

JanieW Posted - 31/12/2011 : 18:07:59
I thought i'd throw all mine in the garden..but knowing my luck they'd all trail back in..and the hoppers..they are huge and ewww too creepy
n/a Posted - 31/12/2011 : 18:03:23
I used to keep these guys as pets and because I like the noise they make. They grew pretty huge, but they do die off in the end - possibly once they've bred and laid means the end of their useful life?

They need moisture, but not water as humidity's dangerous and they'll drown themselves - a chunk of potato or carrot is good, or apple ...they like lettuce, cabbage ...carbs such as bread or biscuit,they love fish food but don't know if this is ok when gutloading them for feeding to reps. You can actually buy some stuff called bug-grub and even calcium rich food for crickets that enhances the gecko's nourishment of course ...the better fed your crickets are, the more nourishment in them for the gecko.

I got pretty fascinated by them in the end; I got a cheap faun from Wilkinsons' for them, and used to watch them for hours.
JanieW Posted - 31/12/2011 : 17:52:28
For my baby beardie, he will not eat his crickets and got about 100 of em lol..I just throw in a handful of greens and keep them in the dark..maybe cold would work but already have his butterworms in the fridge!
acd1984 Posted - 31/12/2011 : 17:44:06
never thought of pets at home, thanks guys

my leo is only a juvenile, but he is usually well fed so i cant see him dying of starvation that's for sure lol

whats the best way to keep crickets alive for longer? they get fed and stuff but i find more than a few dead after a week or so
JanieW Posted - 31/12/2011 : 17:08:30
Not sure how old your leos are, but they can go a couple of days without food.
Then as Bats said, Pets At Home stock crickets, hoppers etc.
n/a Posted - 31/12/2011 : 16:52:53
Is there a Petsathome near you? Some of them are open tomorrow and my local one sells crickets.

http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Info_10601_new-year-opening-times_-1_10551

Hope this helps.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000