The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 giant royal pythons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 02/01/2012 : 20:24:11
hi guys, i was thinking about that royal python thats over 5000 grams on youtube

and i was wondering if breeding in a "giant" was something that breeders would be likely to do in the future.

it would be a perfect big snake in my opinion, a bigger snake for people who are only/mostly comfortable with royals

what do you think?

the video i was refering to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7Ps7wW5vI
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 07/01/2012 : 09:30:12
quote:
Originally posted by bigdon23

oh wow that burmball looks great, would be interesting to know what temperment it would have, and is it just me or does it have a boa head?

@reptiledanny my royal is 3 ft and only half the age of yours, i wonder what that means for final adult size if anything.

and i would be keen to know more about the "ghana ball" too

she got to that size at about a year old, and has now been putting girth on rather than size
acd1984 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 23:39:01
oh wow that burmball looks great, would be interesting to know what temperment it would have, and is it just me or does it have a boa head?

@reptiledanny my royal is 3 ft and only half the age of yours, i wonder what that means for final adult size if anything.

and i would be keen to know more about the "ghana ball" too
reptiledanny Posted - 04/01/2012 : 07:37:40
I would prob say around the 4-5ft mark is where an adult royal will get to.
My female is about 3 1/2ft in length and is about 18 months old, so she will prob still do a bit more growing, but not much, I think shell max out at 4ft in a year
frambo Posted - 04/01/2012 : 07:31:24
Out of interest how big do normals RPs actually get?

I got my female because I thought she'd get bigger than a male and also I believed that female's tails look nicer.

Lots say 3-4 feet but I was see the impression that she could get to around 6 feet?

That burmball looks great, though personally I think that part of the grace of a royal is the slim and mobile neck.
reptiledanny Posted - 03/01/2012 : 17:37:57
there is the ghana ball, which is a locality ball that is meant to be found to get to big sizes. they usually get to around the 5-6ft mark instead of the 4-5ft mark.
mystra Posted - 02/01/2012 : 21:26:20
oh and i lurrrrrrve the burmball... such a stunning snake!
mystra Posted - 02/01/2012 : 21:21:22
isn't the larger version of a royal python basically a locality species... i think i've heard them referred to as the sub-saharan (odd names tho... isn't that where all royals are technically from :/) but the thought of a big royal sounds awesome!
Jayde Posted - 02/01/2012 : 21:06:41
The burmball is awesome!!
Been keeping tracks of it with pi reptiles, and just think she is soo fascinating!
Can't believe some crazy fool kept his burm and royal together but hey!!
Lotabob Posted - 02/01/2012 : 20:59:59
Burmball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-TXm3SDwsM

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000