The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Is He About To shed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 05/01/2012 : 11:27:38
Hi,

I went to pick up Fea as I do every morning, but this time was greeted with a surprise, he hissed loudly with his mouth wide open!
Not a short hiss lol he went on and on..not a happy lad.

I left him while I gathered my wits..was tempted to leave him, but I gritted my teeth and gathered him up while he hissed.

I looked at his eyes and they have started to cloud over, he must be around 4mths old..is this likely to be the start of a shed?

Also its feeding day..what should I do?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 05/01/2012 : 12:58:25
Thanks Bats,

I just fitted a digital therm..out comes his head but we ignored each other lol..his eyes have gone opague now..cloudier than 2hrs ago.
Feeding is at 6pm..i'll let you know how it goes :)
n/a Posted - 05/01/2012 : 12:30:40
Hi, you did the right thing, picking him up when he was swearing at you. Now he knows he can't make you back down. I'm with Scott, I'd offer, especially as boas are good eaters I'm told.

Good luck with his shed.
JanieW Posted - 05/01/2012 : 12:11:07
Thanks scott,

Hmm ok i'll try a mouse tonight, but I think this time i'll feed him in his faun..I usually take him out, although after he has swallowed he takes a few mins to relax and as he's hissing now maybe not wise LOL
scott da bot Posted - 05/01/2012 : 12:07:42
This happened to me a few weeks ago.
Sounds like he's going to going blue in a few days if the eyes are clouded over as for feeding I offered Betsy a mouse as it was feeding day and she took it as normal.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000