The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Slow eating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matco Posted - 06/01/2012 : 23:38:58
How long does it take your snakes from moment of strike to swallowing completely?
Caris always strikes first time then constricts doesn't let go for around 2-3 mins, seems longer watching, still doesn't let go manovers her self to head and swallows. The whole process takes about 10-11 mins according to vid timer.
The process worked out pretty good for me tonight, I managed to take her to feed clean out viv rearrange viv all before she finished! Ready for her to go straight in
How long does it take your snakes?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 07/01/2012 : 01:32:47
frank only eats in the viv now so not sure but derek coils for about 2-3 mins then takes about 15mins to eat if head first but usually ass first which takes him an hour or more
Lotabob Posted - 06/01/2012 : 23:56:39
Just checked Duke's eating video, 12 minutes by that reckoning.
n/a Posted - 06/01/2012 : 23:56:04
Sounds like Caris is a fast food fan - with my lot it takes, well, not quite as long as Janie's Slinky, but a furry furry long time ...they wait till it's 'dead' and then ...savour ...every...mouth...ful....

The only time they're quick off the draw is the strike, apart from Surahi, who has all the nervous energy of a sloth with regard to food. But...somehow ...it ...disappears ....

JanieW Posted - 06/01/2012 : 23:46:59
Hmm Fea my Boa about 5 mins from strike to swallowed, but Slinky can take an hour to complete a feed. He strikes, coils and usually swallows bum first..it takes ages :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000