The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 friends thoughts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 07/01/2012 : 01:42:47
what do your friends think about your snakes/keeping reptiles?
very few of my friend have no interest in them and dont see the point.
a few of them take the p*** saying there a women repelent an thats why im single.
obviously i dont care what they think but really makes me laugh how simple minded some people can be about something they have no interest in or understand.
on the other hand i have a few friends who keep reptiles an a couple of others who dont keep them but are very interested in them and come round to have a look at/handle them.
as i live at home my mum likes the snakes espacially the little one frank but my stepdad never liked them untill recently, keep catching him in my room having a look an watching them roam around their vivs.
he saw a pic of a hoggy today an said he would like one as they look nice an stay small after i told him a bit about them
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
austin_89 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 22:23:43
My girlfriend actually brought my royal for me as a birthday present :D some people say the dumbest things..!! Id say your mad for getting a tarantula! But thats cause they petrify me!!! lol
chrisc Posted - 07/01/2012 : 15:37:56
im not the only one with mates who think its weird then
a few think im mad for getting the tarantula, i may slightly agree with that as i dont like spider that much.

just be to see a friends collection. got to hold a little hoggy an her bosc monitor
really want a bosc but dont have the room, yet
Lotabob Posted - 07/01/2012 : 13:39:36
Apart from the usual 'one day you'll wake up inside one' and a few who are repulsed I keep such vile creatures but a lot of people are converts now after I've talked at them for long enough and shown them a million pictures and videos.

The most amazing convert though was my Mum, she was a bit scared of them but also wasn't a fan of keeping this type of creature in a cage. I understood where she was coming from so explained all aspects of their care and how inactive snakes really are even in the wild, she then visited and I caught her looking every 5 minutes to see if she could see anything, she saw how well they were looked after and pampered, she was here for Duke's bad shed so saw how I dealt with it and how calm and at ease they all were in their surroundings and now I don't get the 'they shouldnt be in cages' response any more. She keeps rabbits and they get the run of the garden, I said the snakes get the run of the house if they wanted it but they dont.
MarkSue Posted - 07/01/2012 : 13:33:28
Mixed reactions really. Most of our friends are fascinated, and once they have had a good look ect ect love them. On the other hand, 1 couple wont come round our house now, which is odd really, as the snakes dont run round the house lol. I showed a mate at work a video of Murphy eating, and he was jumping about like he`d seen a war crime`s video .
1 Good thing is, a few social workers have refused to come round because of them
n/a Posted - 07/01/2012 : 12:53:08
A woman repellent? Look at all the women there are on here who keep snakes lol. You're more likely to end up with a girlfriend who wants to start her own collection ...

I'm a recluse and find it very hard to be in a room with people, so the only person who visits, occasionally, is my ex, who always claimed to be phobic when I mentioned that I'd like to keep snakes ...now he comes in and goes straight to the downstairs vivs and asks questions and usually meets a snake, though I've never managed to get him to hold one yet.

The local kids are fascinated and would be in here all the time but, as I tell them, they mustn't go into someone's house unless their parents are aware, so they have to meet a snake on the doorstep on a hot day.

My neighbours freely call me 'mad' and a weirdo, which I have to say is true, but they were saying that before I got the snakes lol.

Lorraine Posted - 07/01/2012 : 11:01:32
Bit of a mixed bag here. Mind you, that's only till they actually get hold of him and then they change their minds, lol.
jonoandapril Posted - 07/01/2012 : 10:32:42
haha, all our friends are converts now. at first they all looked at us funny but now when we have people round we always find a couple will have strayed into the snake room for a sneaky peak. been able to cure some people of irational fear of snakes aswell now. being the only people who owned them in our little group we've taken it upon ourselves to dispell the common myths and kinda create a bit of awareness for snakeys.
lilcaz83 Posted - 07/01/2012 : 09:53:19
Yeah we have the same problem .. Some think it's odd we keep snakes others wanna come have a nose.

We have all ours in the bedroom, so they aren't on display when we have visitors, plus it's a bit quieter in there :)

People need to realise how easy it is to keep snakes, they are such awesome pets!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000