The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 From mouse to rat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee1982 Posted - 08/01/2012 : 22:52:53
Been trying to get my boy on to rats from large mouse but soon has he taste it he lets go , lol any one got any good way to confuse him lol. i have tried rubbing them together but he is not silly. I have even giving him a smaller mouse first then just has he is about to finish i try getting the rat in lol, he sees it coming and clears off to his hide lol help
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vinny Posted - 09/01/2012 : 17:34:53
Mine male seems to eat anything mouse rat black white brown doesn't seem to mind although when I fed him mice he would strike alot quicker now I feed him
Rats he sniffs them for a minute before striking!
Pythonwizard Posted - 09/01/2012 : 15:33:14
My male is weird he will anything I throw infront of him weather it a mouse or rat

Is this common with anybody eles

Like some times my supplier won't have a something am looking for and I just give a mouse it deost. Bother him
n/a Posted - 09/01/2012 : 00:01:45
There are a number of things you can try, such as obtaining used mouse bedding and defrosting the rat in that, defrosting the rat in the same bag as the mouse, and even skinning the mouse and putting the skin on the rat -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4788

I've had two royals who were reluctant to make the change - one was Surahi, who came to me at 5 years old and allegedly a mouse junkie. Shahi was a young adult. Then, suddenly, they just did accept rats, even though I didn't do anything special to the rat ...just luck, I reckon.

I think all you can do is to go on persevering. There are a few royals who won't make the change, but your boy's very young; there's every chance he will eventually accept a rat, hope he will, fingers crossed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000