The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Royal Behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 14/01/2012 : 01:50:29
We bought Slinky on the 10th Dec, now i'd like to know is this usual for a Royal.

We handle him every day apart from the 48hrs after feeding. He's often to be found down my sleeve, or thereabouts

What amazes me is his latest..the week just gone, every night when Katana goes to bed at 10-10.30pm I said she could hold her Slinky for 20 mins in bed.

This is his favourite haunt lol

Now when we go through to her bedroom at those times, Slinky is arched, semi periscoping pushing at the lid. He is desperate to come out and when he does he heads directly to snuggle tight beside or between her feet.
Fair enough they like a dark place, warm etc. but he has to travel the length of the bed to find his nesting place.

I would never have believed the connection possible, especially in such a short time:)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 14/01/2012 : 14:55:50
*grins* That's him playing 'peek a boo' lol but thanks Bats
n/a Posted - 14/01/2012 : 14:18:39
Aww bless, he's clearly training you and Katana - but how can we not spoil them when they obviously want our company?

Just seen your pic over on the competition thread - brilliant!
JanieW Posted - 14/01/2012 : 12:36:46
Thanks Lorraine, I think he might be spoiled lol the rest of em are.

Hey Bats, I think he learned another 'tradition' thrice he has had cuddles in the morning. I had Fea out on the sofa..well on hubby and me, I put him back after an hour and went in Katana's bedroom. There he was Slinky that is plainly announcing "Its my turn!" and Katana the lazy lil moo back in bed!
Anyway I took Slinkster out and as I type this he's cuddled up in the crook of her arm.
n/a Posted - 14/01/2012 : 11:45:08
Lol - that's great.

I think it depends on the snake - they all have different personalities, but one thing's for certain in my experience - they don't half learn fast, they're not daft, and if you introduce them to a routine they enjoy, they will definitely anticipate and ask for it.

Looks like Slinky's a very happy and intelligent little royal with his bedtime walkies ...well, snugglies lol!
Lorraine Posted - 14/01/2012 : 11:25:52
Awwww, that's proper cute, Janie. lol.
JanieW Posted - 14/01/2012 : 09:52:26
Aye Chris,

I told her to keep her toes still lol
chrisc Posted - 14/01/2012 : 09:17:58
maybe he is sizing up her feet

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000