The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding Opinions Sought Please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 16/01/2012 : 09:32:50
I need some advice

Fea is possibly a little slimmer than Slinky but he is taking medium mice with very little effort..from strike to swallowed around 8 mins.

Slinky on the other hand, although he hasn't refused a feed, swallows it evetually, he seems to struggle. He coils with no problem but after he finds an end, quite often the wrong end lol he takes ages to actually swallow it down.
Then he goes still when most of the mouse is down, leaning backwards, and once lost his balance and fell backwards!
That scared the hell outta me, the process can take an hour and he's only on small mice.

For his size he should be on mediums, or a fuzzy rat, is this unusual or quite normal?

Hopefully i'm worrying for nothing.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 16/01/2012 : 11:41:14
Thank you :)

Yea he's a chubby little snake 440g last night, empty before his mouse. He better eat the rest of his smalls lol then on to mediums.
Kelfezond Posted - 16/01/2012 : 11:38:09
Hard to tell over the internet, just use BE's feeding guide of 10%-15% snakes bodyweight for food that's what I always use, long as the rat isn't any wider than the snakes body it should be fine :)
JanieW Posted - 16/01/2012 : 11:32:25
lmao Kelf!

So he'd be fine moving up to mediums?
Kelfezond Posted - 16/01/2012 : 10:42:36
That's normal enough, Pandora is massive and old and still takes an eternity to eat, Angel is always falling over while eating but I put that down to her being spider and cleo takes ages to eaat too, often from the wrong end. They're just dumb animals lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000