The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 The Mice (Debate Team) Room

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 06/03/2012 : 11:45:54
This is our place to make suggestions, and chat to our mice team..at the moment i'm chatting to the curtains

I can smell a rat from 50yds so get out rats lol
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 14/03/2012 : 14:17:29
I've looked up nutritional values and they all favour rats on every website I've looked at :P
JanieW Posted - 14/03/2012 : 13:49:09
hehe you can't possibly be stuck..hmm wait yeah you can I momentarily forgot you have to find the positives for feeding rats..silly me lmao

I think they need you more than I do Kelf, but thank you for coming to help me out. its appreciated :)
austin_89 Posted - 14/03/2012 : 13:23:43
Please switch back! Im stuck lol
JanieW Posted - 14/03/2012 : 11:45:27
Kelf if you want you can switch back, I think I have it covered for mice..just havn't written up the 2nd argument yet :)
Up to you
JanieW Posted - 14/03/2012 : 11:14:52
LOL well If you look up nutritional values, I think you'll find it would be harder supporting rats

Just do your best :)besides that's usually what you do in debates hehe
Kelfezond Posted - 14/03/2012 : 11:02:57
This is bloody difficult to form an argument on something knowing it's wrong lol
JanieW Posted - 12/03/2012 : 11:09:07
I found this on nutrition if you want to use it :)

The potential for malnutrition and malnutrition-related disease tends to be greatest among juvenile snakes fed primarily very immature vertebrate (rodents, birds, reptiles, amphibians, etc.) These food items are not as nutrient-rich as their more adult counterparts.
http://www.animalhospitals-usa.com/reptiles/snakes/snake-feeding.html
JanieW Posted - 12/03/2012 : 09:57:34
Cheers Kelf :)
Not sure what the others are doing, just 4 days for theit Intro ..lol might be a win with no opposition
Kelfezond Posted - 12/03/2012 : 09:55:07
Absolutely i'll get that done asap
JanieW Posted - 11/03/2012 : 21:04:41
Kelf as I have already written the first argument on Health, would you do the second on Nutrition and Availability.

Here's the schedule updated:

09/03/2012 Opening Statement (Mousers..Janie) POSTED
16/03/2012 Opening Statement 11pm (The Rat Bags..rats)
19/03 Opening Argument 11pm (Janie)
21/03 Opening Argument 11pm (Austin)
23/03 2nd Argument 11pm (Kelf)
25/03 2nd Argument 11pm (Ana)
27/03 1st Rebuttal 11pm (Janie)
29/03 1st Rebuttal ?11pm
31/03 Final Rebuttal and Closing Statement 11pm (Kelf)
02/04 Final Rebuttal and Closing Statement 11pm ?
JanieW Posted - 10/03/2012 : 11:41:55
Ellie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
53 Posts
Posted - 20/12/2011 : 04:32:51

So, I've always thought that rats were better to feed to royals, and most places that I have looked argue the same, mainly for their bigger size and higher fat content. Bambi has been feeding fantastically on mice and I've been keen to get her onto rats for a while so I went to pick some up today and got conflicting advice from my expert rep man - who definitely knows his stuff - and now I'm not sure what would be best to feed her...

He basically said that it would be better to keep her on med/large mice as opposed to a rat weaner of an equivalent size as an adult mouse is fully formed, has been eating solid food so has strong bones, more muscle etc and is very nutritious. A rat weaner, however, is still only drinking milk, isn't properly developed and therefore is not as good for a snakey dinner. He also said that the higher fat content in rats is not beneficial as other nutrients are better than fat...- who definitely knows his stuff - and now I'm not sure what would be best to feed her...

He basically said that it would be better to keep her on med/large mice as opposed to a rat weaner of an equivalent size as an adult mouse is fully formed, has been eating solid food so has strong bones, more muscle etc and is very nutritious. A rat weaner, however, is still only drinking milk, isn't properly developed and therefore is not as good for a snakey dinner. He also said that the higher fat content in rats is not beneficial as other nutrients are better than fat...and after thinking about it, this makes more sense to me. Given the option of a mouse and a rat of the same weight, the mouse will have a higher percentage of calcium, protein etc than fatty mr rat, and so will be healthier for Bambi...surely??
JanieW Posted - 10/03/2012 : 11:30:05
Here is one:

Nutritional Deficiencies: As stated earlier, nutritional deficiencies and disease resulting from malnutrition are relatively rare among captive snakes because of their habit of consuming whole prey animals. However, exclusive use of whole but immature prey animals, such as "pinkies" (neonatal mice and rats), , can create nutritional problems.

www.animalhospitals-usa.com/reptiles/snakes/snake-diseases.html
JanieW Posted - 10/03/2012 : 11:27:38
Ooo hehe..could you cover Nutrition and availabilty?
I will post the quotes that I found that you can use if it helps

Wow thanks Kelf, great to have you aboard!
Kelfezond Posted - 10/03/2012 : 11:11:39
So what you need me to do, captain?
JanieW Posted - 09/03/2012 : 20:29:04
I think i'll start writing my first debate piece..lol got so much to cover best start now :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000