The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 No appreciation!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Se7enS1ns Posted - 10/03/2012 : 15:31:38
Quote from the care sheet; "Your Royal Python should appreciate the extra humidity"...

So I get up this morning, decided to check in on Monty, and noticed she's a bit cloudy in the eyes and her skin is looking a little washed out in colour, feels quite dry too - obviously about to shed in a few days time. This will be her second time shedding since I've owned her, bought her just after xmas and she shed about a month after (don't know if that gives any indication as to her age?) - but she had a bit of a hard time with it last time, came off in strips and clumps, and I had to help her out with her tail end about a week later.

So after last time, figured I'd help her out a bit and get her viv set up for when she starts the shed - moved the water bowl about 2/3rds of the way along towards the hot end, moved the hollow rock to the hot end and filled it with some warm moist moss, scattered some loose rocks in various places - as well as defrosted a big fat mouse for her last pre-shed meal.

Monty couldn't give a toss - no appreciation what so ever, moody little sod. After removing her from around my neck she went straight to the cold end, hid in her cave, and sulked. Hmph.

Shouldn't complain too strongly though - she came out a little while ago to do what she does best; scoff a big mouse...

She's such a grand little eater, it's nice to see her wolf one down, especially knowing she wont have another for around two weeks now.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lorraine Posted - 11/03/2012 : 12:33:41
Se7enS1ns Posted - 11/03/2012 : 12:26:18
Just got a bit of a shock; Took the lid off the hollow cave to see if the moss had dried out and needed a sprinkle, stuck my hand in there to give it a feel, and I touched something I wasn't expecting, and it moved! Made me jump and I bang my hand on the cage for the heat lamp - Monty reared her head up as if to say "do you mind!?"

Turns out she does like the damp hide - I just wasnt expecting her to climb under the moss!
chrisc Posted - 11/03/2012 : 11:28:56
ha ha derek did the same in his last shed moved water bowl added a damp hide etc an he ignored it all for his usual hide.
LittlestarRed Posted - 11/03/2012 : 10:34:34
Snakes are so ungrateful! lol. Believe me Monty will appreciate it if it helps her to shed well! The only snake I own that has appreciated a damp hide is my BRB (naturally) he lives in his pretty much permanently and even with daily spraying and the hide and a huge water bowl he still sometimes has trouble shedding! Just one of those things I suppose?

Nice to see her eating so well while in blue! The only snakes of mine that will feed in blue are Hector my Normal Royal and Nagini my Corn. Hector was in deep blue once and couldn't even see the prey but still took it by sniffing it out, such a little greedy guts! lol
n/a Posted - 10/03/2012 : 15:39:27
Lol - typical! That's what you get for keeping royals.

The only time I ever tried Shahi with a damp hide, he laid a big fat urate in it like an egg.

Lovely pic, good lass for eating while in blue!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000