The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Unexpected.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lorraine Posted - 10/03/2012 : 22:07:17
Oscar shed this evening and I could HEAR it. Couldn't see, 'cause he was in his hide, but I could hear the rustling, it was in 'waves' as he slid out, lol. First time I've ever heard it.

Unexpectedly though, it was in bits. That's a first since he was tiny and he had the same humidity as he normally does. Anyway, it's all there so not unduly worried and he looks particularly handsome this time.
Also, for the first time, he peed while shedding. I had to clean out the whole warm end of his viv when I moved his hide to get the shed out. Big ball of urate, soaking wet skin and substrate but no poo!

He's a growing now!!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittlestarRed Posted - 11/03/2012 : 10:22:41
My first experience of hearing a snake shed was with my BRB on his last shed. I hadn't noticed any real sound from any other shed before, strange! The bitty shed can happen from time to time, you can sometimes find they go into shed again quite quickly afterwards and then back to normal. Hopefully it won't happen again!
With regard to the old snake poop in the water bowl trick, my Honduran Boa always does that! Absolutely disgusting!*blech*
n/a Posted - 11/03/2012 : 01:23:32
Eeewwww! Sounds like he's been 'logging' (pun intended) into this forum and taking tips from the unsavoury Ziska (whose underwater dumps are worthy of Moby****these days ....)

Bless him, glad you both got some quality time together and the weight gain sounds great, congrats again!
Lorraine Posted - 11/03/2012 : 00:51:56
Couldn't believe it!!! I went back to viv about half hour later and he'd pooed at the other side of the viv and half of it was in his water bowl, so another clean up, pmsl.

Anyway, mother's gone to bed now (remember, she doesn't know he's in the house, lol) so I've just had him out for walkies, a sniff of my neck and a weigh in. He's 570gms. He was 502 on 24th Feb and he's had two rats since then, so 68gms in 3 weeks I think is pretty good.

Another ratty for Oscar tomorrow.
acd1984 Posted - 10/03/2012 : 23:14:36
I used to love listening to George shed at night but unfortunately he's been very secretive about it lately, so enjoy it while it lasts :-D
n/a Posted - 10/03/2012 : 22:39:42
Oh, good chap! Yes, I've heard Shahi shedding (or 'shredding') when he was younger - it sounds like tearing that plastic netting you buy garlic in doesn't it. Oh and to leave a lovely mess for you to clean up - typical!

Congrats and I can imagine how shiny and gorgeous the lad is now!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000