The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Surry pet supplies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 01:16:12
It looks like the time of getting cheap reptile products is coming to an end, I have noticed over the past few months that sps's prices have come up and they have stopped delivering items that are over a certain weight/size and not only that, the delivery charge has been increased also.

I hope it just a temporary thing but it's a shame.

Anyway, where do you get your reptile products from?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
richard v Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:17:33
I just brought a load of stuff this week from them
Del charge was £5.00 they have changed carrier it's now interlink
Express and royal mail for small packs like single bulbs etc.
Or collect in store foc
Keg Posted - 11/03/2012 : 18:40:05
I went on to the website to order a viv for when Cecil is older.

Wouldn't deliver so went else where.

Your loss sps.
n/a Posted - 11/03/2012 : 16:13:14
Same here - even if the delivery price was upped; if the viv price plus delivery still undercut their competitors, it would be worth their while to deliver, surely, and surely they can't be so complacent as to turn custom away? The area they serve (ie the amount of customers who can collect kit) can't possibly compensate for the amount of sales they would generate nationwide. Commercial suicide if you ask me ...
acd1984 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 14:37:16
I ordered a medium piece of java wood (they wouldn't deliver large) and some bark and the delivery was a fiver, I know it's not a huge fee but in the past I have ordered a ton of stuff together and paid less.

But mostly I don't get why they aren't shipping bigger items, unless they are using a different carrier
n/a Posted - 11/03/2012 : 13:40:08
I'll be getting vivs in future from Swell Reptiles - they aren't that much dearer than SPS (well, not last time I looked lol) and last year I got my 6 viv stack and a large tube of geocel delivered for £5.

Blue Lizard's another place I always check out, as it often has special offers and delivery's free on orders over £50 (at time of writing, as far as I'm aware.)

I'd still check out SPS and check what the delivery would be ...as Bob says, good idea to shop around ...oooh, all this maths does my head in lol.

And as Chris says, home made or found stuff is a great help - I have half a dozen new salt dough hides curing.

Shame about SPS though, and I haven't been very impressed with their customer service either. The refusal to deliver vivs is incredible - you'd think they'd be wanting all the custom they could get these days.
Lotabob Posted - 11/03/2012 : 13:04:07
Yeah I would be a shop around kind of guy too, ebay is good but SPS came up cheapest when fitting out my stack with bulbs etc even though I have to pay a huge £12 delivery charge to Northern Ireland (which I got back because City Link lost the package for a few days and when it turned up it looked like it had been kicked all the way here).
chrisc Posted - 11/03/2012 : 01:48:08
mostly on ebay but wood/branches i collect myself

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000