The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Sexing - Prices?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Se7enS1ns Posted - 11/03/2012 : 21:21:33
Hi all,
So what kind of prices have you all paid for sexing? I'm guessing this varies from vet to vet, so trying to establish an average.

BATS - As you're practically a neighbour, can you recommend anywhere local?

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Se7enS1ns Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:24:24
That's great BATS, thanks so much for that - will be giving them a bell tomorrow!!
Se7enS1ns Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:15:52
Not planning exactly, but considering it for a later date - Monty is still too young at the mo, but I think I've been bitten by the snake bug and am looking at getting another (the Mrs has two cats, so I'm allowed ), with the added bonus of maybe mating them next year if all is well and I feel confident enough to. A cheap male Fire has come up for sale, so I'm wanting to have Monty probed this week hopefully.

If I had to have a guess myself, I'd say she's a she, as her tail shape is very gradually tapered - no sudden change in shape etc. I have no comparison in which to gauge the size of the spurs though - figure getting her probed is the safest bet.
n/a Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:12:28
Aquatica in Wakefield will probe snakes; if they have sold the snake they do it free. They charge £5 otherwise (though this could have gone up.)

They have a website - http://www.aquatica.ltd.uk/

There are 2 other local shops but they're more out the other side of Wakefield; the nearest rep vet to me is in Huddersfield/Mirfield. Sorry I don't know of anyone closer to Castleford.
Lotabob Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:05:59
You planning on breeding? If not then you could make an educated guess based on the tail shape, spurs etc.
Se7enS1ns Posted - 11/03/2012 : 21:50:31
My local "reptile" shop is more of a generic pet shop that happens to sell a few snakes and lizards etc - with the very best of intentions, they aren't all that knowledgeable, I certainly wouldn'y trust them to go probing poor Monty, put it that way!
Pythonwizard Posted - 11/03/2012 : 21:37:06
I know warrington pets and exotics do u t free on Tuesday's night

But as Reptile mad said most local rep shops should do it for free
reptilemadd Posted - 11/03/2012 : 21:34:40
Your local rep shop should normally do it for free but only going off mine

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000