The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Irresponsible owners :/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shaneyy Posted - 14/03/2012 : 21:13:00
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-17365562

makes me sick.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 15/03/2012 : 10:31:42
That's terrible, I suppose it could have been an escapee but if it was dumped then the owners should be traced and punished, glad that it is well and hope it goes to a loving home
Lotabob Posted - 14/03/2012 : 22:55:18
They used the term venomous not poisonous and didn't get anything wrong so as media reports on snakes go this one is actually quite well done. No use of the terms deadly, killer or savage either so cant be bad. I think it is best for someone without knowledge of snakes to treat any snake they may find (however unlikely) as if it is venomous and let someone who knows what they are doing deal with it and remember that its cold so its defences would have been up, it was outside so its likely it was dumped there so maybe its been mistreated and aggressive. Best to just leave it to someone who knows there stuff about snakes.
Kelfezond Posted - 14/03/2012 : 22:35:29
Aye as BAT's said the implication was there as it always is, it gets my goat xD
n/a Posted - 14/03/2012 : 22:26:52
True, but the implication was that it was a (shock horror!!!) SNAKE!!! Automatically dangerous/venomous/'poisonous'/menace to society if this report was read by non-snake owner.

This what I don't like about the media reportage re snakes, as if they're all dangerous maniacs out to envenomate innocent humans. I've seen reports of corn snakes as potentially dangerous.

Erm, WOULD a venomous species have been removed to safety?

10 years ago, when what are now my cats were a subject of scandal in the street because of their neglectful owner (before I knew of the situation and the cats had sought safety with me) the RSPCA offered to come and kill them ...just because they were hungry and un-neutered and uncared for.

(Sorry, don't want to add RSPCA bashing to my crimes, but that is what was said ...truth is, when hard pressed 'services' are put upon to do something in emergency, they often take the hard line and the easy way out. Not good.)
GMac Posted - 14/03/2012 : 22:06:42
it would stil have been removed, lol. I would be the same if i came across a snake in the wild (prety much all of scotland :D) i would be very cautious till i recognised it as non venemous. I think as snake keepers ourselves we forget that some folks wont recognise a snake species so promoting caution is wise.

Is likely was a press release they reported on word for word from the council.
n/a Posted - 14/03/2012 : 21:59:37
What I found irritating in the media report is the bit about the snake being removed to safety 'when it was found not to be venomous'.

I realise this is reportage but all the same it's nonsense-speak - what, it's implied by the report, would have happened to the snake if it had been a venomous species?
GMac Posted - 14/03/2012 : 21:50:18
is interesting to see the media getting a bashing here. Dont see anything wrong with what they have reported.

The most disturbing thing is the releasing of the boa.
Keg Posted - 14/03/2012 : 21:40:58
Shocking

Beautiful snake though.
Hope it's ok
Kelfezond Posted - 14/03/2012 : 21:37:30
Bloody media ... *facepalm*
n/a Posted - 14/03/2012 : 21:25:58
Hell and damnation - plus that snake should not have been fed until she was settled for a week or so.

Erm, if she was venomous they would have left her there?

Bloody irresponsible owners and bloody media eh?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000