The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 More Clutter?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jebus Posted - 17/03/2012 : 23:29:23
Hey again :)
Was reading through a few of the older posts and realized someone has
had the same problem as my royal, when hes not in his his he is always
climbing over the front glass!! From what i have gathered this is
because he cannot find somewhere secure? He has a hide, few lengths of
PVC pipe around the edges a plant, what else would you guys recommend,
or have any suggestions for this behavior?

Thanks,
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Strawb Posted - 19/03/2012 : 07:41:14
A definite improvement Jebus. In my limited experience royals seem to like moving about only if they think no one can see them. I also think more points of interest for the snake are also of a psychological benefit. It gives them a chance to explore.
Also when you clean him out, try re-arranging the stuff each time. This also gives the snake something to explore.
Se7enS1ns Posted - 18/03/2012 : 18:19:18
Much, much better - I really like that, and I'm sure Jebus does too - well done!!

Just one thing: You might want to look at getting a bigger water bowl at some point, they like a good soak now and then.
jebus Posted - 18/03/2012 : 17:36:26
In the cave under the light, lol
He was watching out most of the time when i was putting the stuff in haha
He shall go exploring soon i reckon!
n/a Posted - 18/03/2012 : 17:28:03
Wow that looks cool!

Where is he?
jebus Posted - 18/03/2012 : 16:24:39
And several pet shops later...

n/a Posted - 18/03/2012 : 14:01:34
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

They will appreciate the extra stuff but you wont when you have to drag it all out to find them.

Or the big mess snakey has so thoughtfully hidden away ...at least royal 'logs' are a bit more noticeable, but corns are terrible! I swear they bury it like cats!
jebus Posted - 18/03/2012 : 11:34:57
Yeh, that was my fear :(
Going on mad hunt for hides and plants after lunch!
(will get a pic up if the mission is a success)
Strawb Posted - 18/03/2012 : 11:11:22
Your viv looks very empty to me. I find that my royal likes as much cover as possible between the hides, so there is less chance of me seeing her creeping about.
As Lotabob says, fill up some of the gaps with ivy or other plastic plants, this will help it feel more secure.
jebus Posted - 18/03/2012 : 00:24:06
True true haha :)
Lotabob Posted - 18/03/2012 : 00:18:20
Aye the more stuff it can hide under, climb over and generally be occupied by the less chance its going to want to leave to find somewhere it feels safer.

Called on this photo a fair bit a late but this is Duke's viv, its packed with foliage logs, and hides.

They will appreciate the extra stuff but you wont when you have to drag it all out to find them.
jebus Posted - 18/03/2012 : 00:13:39
Yeh haha, prob wondering what this invisible force is stopping them from getting out!
He does have a tube just below the front glass too, just seems to like headbanging more :)
So prob get him a few more hideys and ivy :P
Lotabob Posted - 18/03/2012 : 00:08:34
Yeah maybe a few more hides, run your tube across the front of the viv, and visit dunelm mill for some cheap but great looking Ivy.

I also think they butt against glass because they don't understand it, mine did it when they first arrived but now they seem to have learnt that you cant go through it even though you can see through it and are happy to just peer out now.
n/a Posted - 17/03/2012 : 23:33:55
Three hides are a good idea - cold, middle, warm (and then the little gits will push them out of the way) - but at least you've done your best!)

And sometimes they just want to roam - fair enough.

Royals are plain awkward!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000