The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 snake rack help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pythondan Posted - 20/03/2012 : 00:40:40
hi there i am on about building a snake rack out of 1" mdf as i can get it free from work can some one help me out as i am new to this i can build things i ant stupid i just want to know is a 33l rub big enough to house royals in and whats the best form of heating i like the idea of heating cable if i decide on this root how do you put it in and where do you position it ect and what will i need i am only going to build 6/9 spaces for rubs nothing massive as much help as poss would be brilliant thanx dan
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 23/03/2012 : 00:08:49
Are you talking RUBs?

The 33L and the 50L actually has the same floor size - 24"x14" - which is the important measurement. The difference between the 2 is the height - the 50L is about 3 inches taller than a 33L. But, the height is not as important a consideration for royals.

So, yes, you can house a male royal in a 33L RUB.

But, the best rack tub for an adult royal, especially a female breeder, is the CB70 size - 33"x17". In the US, they sell them now with windows! They're super cool.

I don't know how the market is in the UK, but this is a very popular rack tub in the US:
http://www.freedombreeder.com/acc-large-reptile-tray-cb70.html

And this is the one with the window - which is super cool!
http://www.freedombreeder.com/acc-17x33x8-tub.html

Hope this helps.
Lotabob Posted - 22/03/2012 : 19:38:01
quote:
Originally posted by pythondan

is a 33l rub big enough to house royals in

Not really, I would say 50 Litre is the absolute minimum.
hodgie Posted - 21/03/2012 : 21:11:46
I built one and after trying all the other methods find this to be the best form of housing, i use heat mats (you can get ones that are just long enough for 2 x 33tr rubs) Mine holds 6 x 33ltr and 2 x 50ltr on a 4 shelf stack with 1 x pulse stat. I will try and post a picture tomorrow.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000