The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 AHS Microclimate & Humidity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 24/03/2012 : 21:57:09
I have the AHS500 in Fea's 55" viv and although the temps are fine the humidity is low, just 20%.

He is fine health and he eats fine..no poops..in fact just two since I brought him home on the 23rd Dec 2011.
He shed wasn't too bad, but took longer than when in the faun, I know that Boas do not need high humidity..hmm I don't really know what i'm asking lol

Oh yes..without buying a fogger..any suggestions on how to raise the level a bit?
Moving his water bowl won't work as with this heating system the warmest part is on his vine near the ceiling.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 24/03/2012 : 22:47:11
I just do it once a day from the belly going milky to the skin coming off, I spray the walls and the foliage but avoid soaking the floor. I also put a face cloth over the hot side and spray that daily too. Only had one bad shed and that was when I first moved to ceramics in the new viv stack, since then the spraying has solved the problem. Duke is milky bellied today and Spot is so so blue.

I think they synchronise their shedding. Sanke might be blue, she always just springs sheds on me because its really difficult to tell.
JanieW Posted - 24/03/2012 : 22:30:41
Yeah I guess I was being lazy looking for it all automated *grins* I have a mist spray so your'e saying DIY hmmph lol but yeah I will spray twice a day next shed and Slinky is not having his moss box!
Lotabob Posted - 24/03/2012 : 22:17:49
I bought one of these, I only uise it around shedding times but the spray it produces is REALLY fine and doesn't soak everything but does bump humidity. And its cheap and scares the dog.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5L-Pump-Action-Hand-Pressurised-Garden-Weed-Plant-Sprayer-Gun-Chemical-uses-/190597878744?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item2c6084d3d8#ht_1997wt_1037

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000