The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Moving?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
austin_89 Posted - 07/04/2012 : 00:34:35
Hi guys can anybody tell me what the best way to transport my snakes over a 4 hour drive would be? I'm moving in a few weeks and I'm not sure on how to get the snakes there. I worry about em getting to cold and if there is traffic, how long they could possibly be out of theyre nice warm homes... Any suggestions appreciated
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ShadEO9 Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:15:48
My suggestions have already been suggested.
Hot water bottle and maybe some hand warmers seem to be agood move
austin_89 Posted - 07/04/2012 : 13:03:41
Ok thanks guys i think I'll just put em in pillowcases and in a secure box with a couple of hot water bottles at the bottom
n/a Posted - 07/04/2012 : 11:25:49
I put a snake in a pillowcase or snake bag, tied securely at the top, and then into a polybox (the sort frozen rats come in, or an aquarium shop would probably give you some; live fish are delivered in them.) At this time of year, if the snake's in a polybox, I wouldn't personally worry too much about heating unless it's a freezing day but even then you'll have the car heating on - but yeah, handwarmers, hot water bottles, they won't come amiss.

I pad the box out a bit with kitchen roll, pierce air holes in it, and tape the lid securely once the snake is in.

I brought Shadrach home in a pillowcase and polybox last December, after a long wait in Bradford Interchange and a long journey on the coldest, slowest bus I've ever been on, plus a mile's walk at the end of it (oh boy was I glad to get him home and into his viv!) He was fine, and I'm sure your guys will be too. All the best with the move.
Lotabob Posted - 07/04/2012 : 01:38:58
If they are in the car and no exposed to the cold outdoors then I think they would be fine just in a pillowcase to keep them calm and then in a RUB to keep them secure, they may lose a bit of body heat but they are capable of dealing with cold snaps, they just slow down.
chrisc Posted - 07/04/2012 : 00:44:13
when ever ive moved snakes ive just used a water bottle wrapped in a towel.
as blackskull says have some hand warmers also keep the heating cranked up a bit
blackskull Posted - 07/04/2012 : 00:39:20
you could maybe start off with putting a hot water bottle in with them. not sure what they are called, hand warmers, the things that you crack and the chemicals mix and heat up. have a few of them to hand for when the water bottle cools down

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000