The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Temperature

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
viperflea Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:15:26
Hi guys.
I have a problem with temperature in my viv. For quite a while it was fine with the basking side at 31 deg and cool end at 28 - 28.5 deg. I have replaced the bulb as the previous one quit on me. I now can't seem to get the variation. The viv is at 30 deg both ends and I can't seem to balance it to give a cool end. I've tried keeping a small gap in the left hand glass door and this seems to work but this messes with the humidity levels. Can anyone offer some advice.
Thanks.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 22/04/2012 : 13:14:15
Cool! (In every sense lol.)
Fezza Posted - 22/04/2012 : 12:14:15
Great news
viperflea Posted - 22/04/2012 : 12:03:31
Smaller bulb....job done :-)
viperflea Posted - 20/04/2012 : 12:47:32
Really useful tip bats...thanks. I've bought a smaller bulb today with a better reflector so hopefully this will sort out the problem. Yeah I don't like leaving the door slightly open so hoping all will be ok with bulb.
n/a Posted - 20/04/2012 : 10:39:33
Hi - I can recommend this for the stuck shed -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8324&SearchTerms=the+pillowcase+bath

It does sound like the change of bulb, as Fezza says, but it's pretty mystifying. Hope it settles down and you get it sorted - but I'd beware of leaving the door open slightly unless you have a very secure lock. I'm mentioning this because I've just had an unfortunate experience with a sliding viv door left slightly open - and the snake got out. She's now safely back home but I'm still recovering from the shock.
Fezza Posted - 20/04/2012 : 07:43:15
Are you still using the same type of bulb i.e. incandescent or ceramic? I switched to a ceramic and it took a few goes to get thing set right again.

If the bulb is the same type, can you still get the same make as the bulb you had before? Mite be worth going back to what you know best
viperflea Posted - 19/04/2012 : 23:20:48
Wouldnt the ambient temp in the room still keep the temp variation ??
viperflea Posted - 19/04/2012 : 23:19:41
He has his hide on the warmer side and occasionally goes to his shedding/humidity box on the cooler side. It is a mystery. Only thing I can think of is the bulb is larger. Not in wattage but size ???? Also do u help your snake if it's shed but not all come off??
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:59:52
Ha -that's a bit of a mystery then, unless the ambient temp of your room has been upped by spring sunlight/radiator. where in the viv does the royal like to sleep?
viperflea Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:24:30
Yep the bulb is statted. I also have digital temp sensors at both ends.
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:22:19
Is the bulb statted?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000