The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Apologies regarding Spam :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GMac Posted - 20/04/2012 : 22:59:03
we are having several issues with spammers (although not as bad as the hoggy) the servers are not sending out emails so we cant have the system setup to admin approval for members as they require email confirmations to be sent.

We are trying to capture them all and delete these users before they post but not always succssful.

Please bear with me, and I hope we can get back to normal soon.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GMac Posted - 21/04/2012 : 20:24:35
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Ok but then will someone approve my request?

did actually lol at this, depends on the mood K is in lol. But would imagine so yes ;)
Lotabob Posted - 21/04/2012 : 19:54:36
Ok but then will someone approve my request?
GMac Posted - 21/04/2012 : 19:29:10
more than likely lotabob, shall email Kehhlyr get him to sort you out.

Lotabob Posted - 21/04/2012 : 18:40:53
Is that why my request to theamphibian has not let me go in and play?
GMac Posted - 21/04/2012 : 17:38:33
isnt a problem with snitz, its the server not sending emails.

all member requests are checked against known spammers before being approved. however with the email issue pending members dont get the email approval so we have had to disable that until its sorted.
Meadow Posted - 21/04/2012 : 16:25:01
I used to run a Snitz forum (loved the format but after 7 years was forced to convert to a different format due to servers/hosts not coping, grrr), and I used to set it to Admin approval, then went into the pending member list, deleted all of those usernames which are 'obvious' spammers - I had a mod where I could click to look at the profile from that page but on the obvious bot names I never used to check, just bulk deleted them, then I'd check the IP numbers of the remaining pending members on utrace, or do a quick google search for them to weed out any other spammers, then I was left with only a handful to approve manually by clicking 'activate account (or member, I don't remember exact wording).

I used to get a LOT of members signing up every day, but if I kept on top of it and went through the pending member list everyday, it only took a few minutes each day.

Have you checked the Snitz forum and seen AnonJr's post about 'fighting back the spammer tide'? Have a look: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65057

Hope this helps - spam is a pain in the backside!
n/a Posted - 21/04/2012 : 11:39:07
quote:
Originally posted by Fezza

I've found it quite useful actually, I've booked two golf holidays and have some penis enlargement pills on the way

Cool. Though you might have to invest in a larger golf trolley to transport all your equipment ...
Kelfezond Posted - 21/04/2012 : 10:26:09
lmao
Lotabob Posted - 21/04/2012 : 09:39:13
quote:
Originally posted by Fezza

I've found it quite useful actually, I've booked two golf holidays and have some penis enlargement pills on the way

PMSL
Fezza Posted - 21/04/2012 : 04:28:57
n/a Posted - 20/04/2012 : 23:21:39
Lol - never mind - you can't be everywhere at once. Kelf said it was your birthday so thought you were taking time out enjoying yourself and why not???
chrisc Posted - 20/04/2012 : 23:14:27
ah right thought it was morons being paid for posting crap everywhere
GMac Posted - 20/04/2012 : 23:06:03
is all spam bots not real folks :(
chrisc Posted - 20/04/2012 : 23:04:43
no worries, anything we can do to help? guessing you already know the usernames.
why they decided to post spam on a snake forum is beyond me

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000