The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Allergic????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/04/2012 : 23:38:36
Has anyone ever heard of an allergy to snakes before?

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/105498269/male-abbotts-okeetee-cornsnake.html
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/04/2012 : 19:39:06
Urates? Judging by the smell that stuff could strip paint ...figures!

Poor old Sully! Who couldn't love a really big royal? They just go on getting better and better, bless them.
blackskull Posted - 23/04/2012 : 18:37:45
must admit that i have never read a reason for sale due to being allergic to a snake. although the place that i bought sully from said the previous owner brough him in due to the fact that they didn't think they got big lol
austin_89 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 17:21:44
Never thought about that...
Lotabob Posted - 23/04/2012 : 16:25:14
Could be urate transfer too, its very potent stuff.
austin_89 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 15:36:16
Maybe, but it only happened the once so we never really figured it out... I get lucky the only allergy I have is hay fever :)

Lol I wouldve done! :)

Some people really don't know much about animals, since owing royals I've had one person tell me that Kane was near full grown 4inches ago and someone say royals are big snakes.
n/a Posted - 23/04/2012 : 14:18:39
That's interesting - could well be what Bob said, that it's possible to be allergic to substrate. Aspen's itchy stuff - don't know about the other sorts.

Lol - like a royal python's a huge beast! There's no shame in selling a snake on, especially as, as long as a good home is found, all the snake requires is its physical needs properly attended to; there's no emotional tie with a human. But some of the excuses really are putrid.

My current favourite is the guy who needs his spare room because his partner has suddenly found she's pregnant. The snake is 6 months old. I feel like saying to him, 'Well, lad, if you really couldn't fathom out what the fun was leading to, I think you need to have a long chat with your dad. And the chemist ...'
austin_89 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 11:34:56
My girlfriend got a little patchy rash on her arm after handling her corn snakes but she's had them for months now and its only happened the once and it did cross my mind about allergies but it went away about an hour later but as far as i knew you cant be allergic to snakes...

I've seen so many adverts on there from people saying they haven't got time to keep the snake our a personal favourite, they brought a royal and didn't realise how big they got!
n/a Posted - 23/04/2012 : 11:32:25
Eww, scary - and a bore too, having to check out everything you eat etc.

But on a lighter note, so, Kelf and Bob, you both have a great affinity with royal pythons?
Lotabob Posted - 23/04/2012 : 11:16:24
Oh your a pen carrier too, lol. I'm severely allergic to nuts too, add that to dairy and gluten and I am what is known as a pain in the arse to feed.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/04/2012 : 10:50:51
Had this conversation yesterday with my parents as last night I went into a bout of vomiting as my throat swelled up and my face took a strange rash, I have a severe allergy to nuts and carry an epipen for times like it, fortunately I didn't need to stab myself because that's scary but we had to go through the list of new things I'd been exposed to and everyone found it hilarious pretending that it was snakes :( I said I didn't think it was possible to be allergic to a reptile as any kind of substance is contained within armour plating :P
n/a Posted - 23/04/2012 : 10:22:34
Lol - her loss!
ajokocha Posted - 23/04/2012 : 05:55:29
I have to admit with great shame that I seen an episode of Jeremy kyle once. A woman split up with her boyfriend because apparently she was allergic to his snakes!
n/a Posted - 23/04/2012 : 00:27:11
Well if they don't want it they're doing the best thing rehoming the snake on. But a pity. Pretty snake - just like my Cy at that age - hope it finds a good home.
Lotabob Posted - 23/04/2012 : 00:04:47
The excuses you see, the most common is I just dont have the time. What a minute to change the water every other day and 5 minutes a week to feed them, scoop out the poop with a tissue, lol. Total time a week 10 minutes, soooooo long.
n/a Posted - 22/04/2012 : 23:49:31
It crossed my mind that if the seller's partner was allergic, if such an allergy exists, then just best leaving handling the snake to the seller. They obviously want rid of the poor old snake - so why not just say so?
Lotabob Posted - 22/04/2012 : 23:41:28
That's strangely not the first time I've heard that excuse on these sale sites. Utter crud. Maybe the dust from bedding but allergic to skin that doesn't transfer like ours does thats why they shed lol.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000