The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Nice growth spurt Floyd!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 27/04/2012 : 13:41:42
Hi guys, well today I had Floyd out for a bit of exercise and a weigh. And I was ecstatic to see that he now weighs a nice 238g. A month ago he weighed a 188g, 50g he's put on in a month. That's his biggest spurt yet :). He normally only puts 15/20g on a month. What's funny is, Osiris my girlfriends (waley333) is putting on weight and looking lovely and chunky. Whereas floyds weight gain just makes him longer lol. I'll have to measure him but I'm sure he's just over 2 foot at around 8 months old, does that sound about right? I know length doesn't matter like weight does though. I'm a chuffed young man right now and just had to share my news :D
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Se7enS1ns Posted - 27/04/2012 : 22:47:35
Haha sorry mate
ajokocha Posted - 27/04/2012 : 22:44:41
Wow that's incredible! Good girl :). You have really burst my bubble now though :(. Lol
Se7enS1ns Posted - 27/04/2012 : 22:40:06
Just weighed her again tonight, and she's now up to 634grams, and that after doing a mahoosive poo in the bath the other night!!

She gets fed around 12% of her weight every weekend - which at the moment is a medium mouse and a weaner rat - she's a champion eater thats for sure!
ajokocha Posted - 27/04/2012 : 20:58:28
Wow that is quite impressive. What you feeding her? Big macs? Lol
Se7enS1ns Posted - 27/04/2012 : 20:07:57
I know exactly what you mean - Monty is piling on the weight now! According to my snake-logger, she's gone from 416 grams on March the 13th, to 608 grams as of Sunday - just shy of 200 grams in a month!! The odd thing is, she doesn't look all that much bigger to me, although she is definitely a lot longer so I'm guessing that's where the weight is going.

she'll be breeding weight at this rate
ajokocha Posted - 27/04/2012 : 17:37:53
Haha that's right bats! Yea bob I thought about that then I remembered he only pood just over a week ago so he only has once mouse worth inside him. It's amazing how fast they grow, I remember when I got him in December, he fitted nice and snug in one hand. Not anymore lol
Lotabob Posted - 27/04/2012 : 17:05:45
Dont forget unless its an empty weight you are also weighing the gut full of rats too. But I'm sure with weights aside you can see them growing before your very eyes, going from little twigs to tree trunks in a few months is really something impressive.
n/a Posted - 27/04/2012 : 16:12:06
Cool - congrats! Lovely to see them growing up and putting on weight.

I confess I've never measured my snakes, except roughly by eye when they're stretched out in their vivs, but in their first year they do seem to elongate at a rate of knots. One minute that cute little hatchling, next minute a great serpent lolloping about - where did you come from???
ajokocha Posted - 27/04/2012 : 15:01:50
He's a good lad :). Ah that sounds roughly the same as Floyd then. It's since he's gone on to bigger mice. God knows how much he's gonna grow when I get him on rats. Which will be soon.
austin_89 Posted - 27/04/2012 : 14:56:33
Good for Floyd

Kane was an inch over 2 feet at 9 months now he's a year he's only a little over 300g and about 6 inches over 2 feet i think.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000