The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 ceramic bulbs.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 28/04/2012 : 10:57:06
just got 3 of these turn up from ebay an thought i would share.
their not branded an ive not used them yet, will test soon.
anyway 150w for £8.98 an free post so got 3 for £26 something

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270825873378?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 29/04/2012 : 17:52:03
I actually agree with the banning of them as they are so inefficient BUT only on the basis that energy saving bulbs are improved to do the same job. I have an energy saver in my lamp in the bedroom and it takes about half an hour to give off any decent amount of light.

I did a bit of geeking and it doesn't effect infra red bulbs or bulbs with a reflective surface (for now lol) so I think we are all OK but we will all find out soon enough, when we are sat in the dark waiting for the energy efficient bulbs to work properly.
n/a Posted - 29/04/2012 : 15:45:25
Lol - would that I could! The laws of this country are crazier than I am!
ppl_clectr Posted - 29/04/2012 : 15:11:51
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ha?????

you mean the powers that be are now going to ban us peasants from using light bulbs?????

Well, better start looking about for paraffin lamps, candles ...????

Maybe you should just come to Canada BATS?!
reptilemadd Posted - 29/04/2012 : 09:00:14
I won't lie bats its bad but not real bad lol bulbs like the R80 spot lights are going to stop being produced for the more planet friendly energy savers the problem with those is that when they are connected to a dimming stat they flick on and off rapidly lol so for use keepers with lizards that need a hot basking spot instead of paying £2 for four wee'll have to by the reptile ones at £6 each
n/a Posted - 29/04/2012 : 00:19:04
Ha?????

you mean the powers that be are now going to ban us peasants from using light bulbs?????

Well, better start looking about for paraffin lamps, candles ...????
Lotabob Posted - 29/04/2012 : 00:02:06
I must have a read through the EU law banning incandescent bulbs and see if that's going to effect the availability of the bulbs available on the market for those who use light emitting bulbs, I don't see it effecting heat emitters as that's a heating item not a lighting item.
Fezza Posted - 28/04/2012 : 18:13:45
^this happens more often than you'd believe. If you're sharp eyed you can see the similarities in lots of items sold. Made in the far east, from the same factories, by the same people, with the same materials. Print a brand name on it then charge 20-30% extra!
chrisc Posted - 28/04/2012 : 16:11:53
got 2 bulbs setup now just waiting for the temps to settle a bit more an they seem all good.
just found out from RFUK that the big brands like exo terra ect buy these bulbs from the manufacturer an just have their name printed on the side
Fezza Posted - 28/04/2012 : 13:53:26
Good spot

Look pretty much the same as the Komodo ones I use
chrisc Posted - 28/04/2012 : 12:57:13
ebay is good once you work it out.
i get digital thermometers for £3 an ceramic bulb holders for £2 ish
n/a Posted - 28/04/2012 : 12:33:50
Wow that's good, congrats - must get my head round Ebay some day ...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000