The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 A lot of Sad News Recently...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frambo Posted - 13/05/2012 : 15:56:51
Hi all,

I've been on here for around 8 months I reckon, and in the last month, there have been a few royals that have sadly passed away.

As far as I know no cause has been pinpointed and I was worried there might be something going around. It could be anything, for example a disease infectious to snakes going around hamsters that could be transferred to rats.

So on that note, I'd really appreciate it if the said people whose royals have passed away could post as many details they can think of to do with the keeping of snakes. Stay away from the obvious things like heating etc as we all know how to do that, I'm talking about things such as history of mites, any problematic feeds, any difficulty shedding, where you get your food from etc.

I'm just getting worried because mine is nearly 10 months and I'd be shattered if I lost her
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frambo Posted - 14/05/2012 : 07:11:49
I see where you're coming from Bob. On account of the genetic defects, could this be due to the huge amounts of interbreeding and crossbreeding going on?
Lotabob Posted - 13/05/2012 : 18:07:16
This is unlikely to be related to an unknown or undetected disease coming through food etc, there are diseases out there but their symptoms and spreading method is well documented. It is sadly a fact of life for animals that lay eggs and also those that have high production of babies that some may be carrying internal defects either through genetic defect or just a developmental defect. Most of these defects will manifest early on and that's why lots of baby snakes die some though may not manifest until a little older and cause sudden death. It's the same with all animals really, its sad but its just a tiny risk for all life. It's a bit like that footballer, he quite suddenly had a defect manifest itself and he very nearly died and he was otherwise a very healthy and unaware man.

It is important to remember though that although it does happen it us still quite rare and just unlucky should this happen to you or your animals and worrying about something you cannot control or prevent is just putting yourself through unnecessary worry.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000