The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 New girl, asking for input :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ppl_clectr Posted - 16/05/2012 : 15:27:55
As my particular luck goes, and you may all be green with envy :) I picked up a 1400 gram female yesterday from a guy who desperately needed to rehome her. She is healthy and mite free, friendly and beautiful. What I am wondering about is if anyone has any idea what she is? Initially, the guy said he thought she was yellow belly, but she has some marbling on her belly. She is yellow. Never seen a normal look like this. He said she is supposed to be "het for something" but doesn't know what. Her alien heads are as yellow as my pastel, and her belly is yellow. I will post a pic, but not sure I can capture the degree of her color. I have seen my share of snakes, but I am stymied. She is so yellow that I am considering calling her Safron. Any theories about what she is, or may be het for?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ppl_clectr Posted - 19/05/2012 : 14:10:13
She is an cb09 so I am hopeful. I am taking her to a breeder I have gotten a couple of snakes from this week to have a "check up" and gender confirmation. Let you know how it goes :)
reptiledanny Posted - 19/05/2012 : 09:12:21
It's not always on the weight that you need to go by. You need to look at the female in question. A really long female that is 1500g is going to be quite thin compared to a short 1500g female that will be quite chunky. They also need to have good muscular proportion so are quite hard to the touch rather than squishy if you get me.i learnt this this season. My female was 1600g, is shorter in length and has a good muscular proportion, but she still didn't want anything to do with males.mso I'm putting it down to hat fact that she is a cb10 so is slightly to young even though she is up to weight
ppl_clectr Posted - 17/05/2012 : 21:27:27
She's just over 1400 grams Danny :) Beautiful and healthy.
reptiledanny Posted - 17/05/2012 : 18:48:11
If she's a good size and looks good in herself then give her a go this season
reptilemadd Posted - 17/05/2012 : 14:32:12
Yes it would lol at the very least you'll get het albinos lol and if a little pail one pops out you'll know
ppl_clectr Posted - 17/05/2012 : 14:28:27
PS We have decided to call her Echo...courtesy of my 10 year old girl's imagination.
ppl_clectr Posted - 17/05/2012 : 14:21:10
Well, I happen to have a big beautiful albino male ;) Worth a shot this season?
reptilemadd Posted - 17/05/2012 : 11:31:49
As Danny says she does just look like a nice normal, but she does look like my adult male who's het for albino but as per my other post that doesn't mean she is with no records she could be het for anything.
reptiledanny Posted - 17/05/2012 : 09:47:58
Ye from the pictures she just looks like a bright normal. Remember normals are one of the biggest 'morphs' (even though there not morphs) that range in appearance.
ppl_clectr Posted - 16/05/2012 : 23:48:37
Are you sure Dan? I have never seen a normal SO yellow. I know she is het but not what for, so will put her to a couple different morphs over the next couple years. I hate when ppl don't keep note of these things.
reptiledanny Posted - 16/05/2012 : 21:45:54
Just a nice normal there
ppl_clectr Posted - 16/05/2012 : 18:09:50
These are the best pics I could manage. Does that help?

Kelfezond Posted - 16/05/2012 : 17:16:47
Aye as reptile says picking the het is impossible although if she has marbling is likely she is het for piebald if anything
reptilemadd Posted - 16/05/2012 : 16:59:37
With no pic's it would be impossible to say what she is, and to be honest even with them it will still be just as hard although someone might be able to make an educated guess , either way congrats on the new snake especially since she was free lol, you could always try breeding her to your pastel assuming it's a male of course, and if by some luck you got a super you'd know she was indeed a pastel, and as far as the het for something goes that I'm afraid will always be a mystery unless you were very very lucky and picked the right one, and if you did I'd suggest playing the lottery cause with luck like that you can't go wrong lmao

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000