The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 bad shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blackskull Posted - 23/05/2012 : 19:12:15
was just feeding the snakes, offered clover her rat and she came out of her hide and i saw that she had most of the shed left on head with both eye caps. too late to do any thing about it as when she came out of her hide she took the rat straight away. im more annoyed at myself as i some how didn't notice her going into shed

she will be getting the pillow case treatment friday so she has had time to digest the meal
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/05/2012 : 22:15:14
quote:
Originally posted by blackskull

no need for pillow case. lifted her hide gave her a light spray of water, 20 mins later the skin came off

wow that was good!

Aww fingers still crossed, Jebus - sorry your girl's still stuck.
blackskull Posted - 23/05/2012 : 22:07:27
this was the first bad shed i have had since i had mites over a year ago and clovers first bad one since i have had her. fingers crossed for sully and grace who are also in shed
jebus Posted - 23/05/2012 : 22:05:31
lucky for some :(
blackskull Posted - 23/05/2012 : 22:03:54
no need for pillow case. lifted her hide gave her a light spray of water, 20 mins later the skin came off
blackskull Posted - 23/05/2012 : 20:43:07
yeah thats the stuff i have seen.

will give her the pillow case treatment first, may also pop a small damp towel in as well for added friction. if no joy that way might give the shed ease a try
n/a Posted - 23/05/2012 : 20:16:50
This is what I use -

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-shedding-aid-64ml-md-31.html

It sprays on and it's safe for eyecaps and can also be used as a skin conditioner between sheds - claims to make the shed easier - I'm experimenting with it on Spooky's tail which always gets retained.

It certainly seemed to help Sulah, unless it was the pillowcase that did the trick.
blackskull Posted - 23/05/2012 : 19:24:29
is that shed ease stuff worth a go then? never used it before.

had no signs that she was going to shed, only sign was a slightly pink belly last night when i looked in on her to see if i was going to take a rat out for her. was contemplating giving her a light spray with warm water in a couple of hours but don't don't want to up set her with her just coming out of the fast
n/a Posted - 23/05/2012 : 19:17:51
Ah, sorry to hear - they're expert at fooling us; Sulah did the same to me. She'd shed, but as she hadn't had much handling due to mites, when I tried to get her out she gripped everything and rather than fuss too much with her, I left her a few days. So when I did get her out, there she was still wearing her bonnet and specs - felt awful, but used that spray on shed-ease stuff and a pillowcase bath, and the shed and eyecaps came off pdq!

Good luck with Clover - I'm sure she'll be fine.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000