The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 A moment of your time please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:29:09
As some of you may know, me and my friend are setting up a business based around children's parties and school shows etc. I've taken initiative from the other post on here and made a survey. It would be so helpful if you could take a few minutes to fill it in for us

http://kwiksurveys.com?u=reptilequest

If you dont have children, just imagine you do, or you are booking for a friend. You could imagine your booking for a younger brother / sister if you're younger yourself
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:52:44
Ah sorry we overlapped lol.
n/a Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:52:03
Yes - it's known as CRB - criminal record bureau, and if you're going to work with children you have to have clearance in regard to this. Sounds all a bit pompous and frightening but there ARE scallies out there so the kids need to be protected. Just a formality really.
adamasrc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:50:44
CRB check? yeah applying for that, as well as all the licenses for performing animals
adamasrc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:49:47
yeah thanks so much guys! and i've looked into public liability, its not that expensive, got quoted for £100-200 twice but now im talking to a company directly person to person to get a quote so hopefully thats okay, do you know what categories there are for a vehicle that transports animals? i have a polo.. haha and how do you check foor a grant? thanks a lot for your information, great help
n/a Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:47:23
Ah - don't you have to be legally approved to work with children - can't remember the acronym but I think you have to be screened by law for any past offences (which I'm certain is not the case with you, Adam) - will google and try to find out more.
Lotabob Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:32:04
Doesn't seem to be going through for java something or other.

I'll just chirp in here, I have been to a few family parties, 20 minutes for food/snacks is optimistic, they take forever to eat so I'd maybe leave that arrangement out all together, people dont like paying for people doing nothing while kids eat. If it was included in the show schedule it would probably be expected to be provided by you.

On the business side of it you will need a few things before you can legally trade. Firstly public liability insurance, its very expensive when animals and children are involved but you cant trade without it. As you are a travelling show you will need a vehicle approved by DEFRA to transport your animals, you will have to apply to them for an inspection. This vehicle will also be insured as a business vehicle, using it on a personal policy will render the policy void if you are in an accident. You may be eligible to a grant from the government setting up a business, there are schemes all over the country so its worth having a look.

I applaud your drive to set up a business, I'm currently working on something animal related but not this line of business, I shall reveal more when my business advisor/bookkeeper/Mum sorts out the in's and out's, the niggly bits.
Jayde Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:18:07
Done :) tried to add as much constructive help as possible as I've had zoo lab in at work with the kids I deal with on many occasion as think it's such a great experience for younger people
adamasrc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:01:06
thanks everyone, much appreciated
n/a Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:54:23
I couldn't really say, but good luck with the venture.
JanieW Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:40:10
I tried, but wouldn't accept as I don't have Java enabled
Stewy-C- Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:38:41
Nice idea ;) I've taken the survey.

Good Luck

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000