The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Humans can be so darn stupid

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 26/05/2012 : 09:12:15
Yes its sad, but is it really surprising that an inflatable dinghy is attacked in a river where crocodiles are plentiful?

I sure wouldn't take a rubber boat out with crocs, and although the article doesn't mention a hunt for the poor beast I expect they will. Its things like this that really rile me, crocs have their area and we really should quit the arrogance and stick to ours!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4338545/One-Brit-dead-and-another-feared-lost-to-crocodiles-in-India.html
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 26/05/2012 : 12:01:49
Brainless, totally brainless ...

The least they could have done was to take a puncture repair kit with them ...

Joking apart, yes, this word 'attack' riles me too. The adder article was reasonably informative and did at least point out that many bites had been caused by people actually approaching the adders, and despite the emotive stuff about the nine year old girl, did advise walkers to dress properly and exercise caution, but still that word 'attack. Grr! Imo, very few snakes 'attack'. They defend their space when startled or afraid, or have a slight misunderstanding over which is food and which is human finger. As for picking up a wild snake ...well ...

Commonsense is a very valuable quality.
JanieW Posted - 26/05/2012 : 09:51:12
lol people just make me angry!

Its the seals fault when fish stocks go down, nothing to do with fishermen fishing so they have to throw tons of fish over the side because they went over the quota.
Its the foxes fault cos the farmer didn't keep the coops fox proof and the chickens got eaten.

I'd better stop, my blood pressure is rising :)
mystra Posted - 26/05/2012 : 09:41:32
and the comments, *shakes head* "crocs eating people in india, australia (etc) something should be done!"

oh dear!

I hate how the media makes out that animal attacks such as this were done with 'intent'. Animals act on instinct, they don't wake up in the morning and think "yeah, i'm going eat that human!!!"

Similar article earlier in the week, supposedly to warn us about adders but comes across as scaremongering... lots of words like 'attack' and making out the adders sole purpose in life is to hurt people... http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/23/venomous-snake-warning-adders-bask_n_1538818.html

the comments make me lose the will the live the people are so stupid! One woman said there was a 'snake problem' as her dog had been bitten years ago, survived, and died the other week for something unrelated (although she insists it was due to the damage the snake had done) and condemned those doing good work for programs breeding and releasing them into the wild.

It makes you wonder how these people get up in the morning haha
sultanheart Posted - 26/05/2012 : 09:18:57
thats really very sad..

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000