The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Maizey update!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stewy-C- Posted - 30/05/2012 : 22:08:07
Hi peeps,

If you guys remember I was assist feeding maizey for a long time. I even tried to get a live mouse to kick start her appetite.

Well I changed my way of assist feeding, from feeding small items to keep her alive. To feeding bigger items to make her put on weight. She put on around 50g in about 5 weeks this way.

So last week I tried a drop feed, an locked her in a small rub for the night with it. I was amazed to see she had eaten it over night.

Which brings me to tonight, I hair dryered a small adult mouse, with the fumes entering the viv. Again I was amazed to see her looking out of her hide. This is the first time she has ever shown an interest in food, in the 6 months with me. When I offered the mouse she ripped it out of the tongs, with her first ever strike feed.

Needless to say, I am over the moon after a long stressful 6-7 months with me. Sorry for the long post :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stewy-C- Posted - 02/06/2012 : 17:18:09
Thanks guys, much appreciated
richard v Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:11:57
Well done you, it's worth all the hard work you have put it. You must be over the moon.
chrisc Posted - 31/05/2012 : 18:16:48
thats great to hear. the hard work has payed off congrats
Stewy-C- Posted - 31/05/2012 : 18:12:23
Thank You guys
n/a Posted - 30/05/2012 : 22:17:28
Ah that is great - yeah when mine are in feeding mode they like that technique with the ratty smell blown into the viv.

Congrats on getting her feeding - no wonder you're over the moon and so you should be - you've put in a lot of hard work by the sound!
blackskull Posted - 30/05/2012 : 22:15:31
congrats on getting her to feed on her own

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000