The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Strike'n'leave

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jebus Posted - 07/06/2012 : 21:08:26
Hey, was wondering if there is anything wrong with Spidey?
Her last 3 meals, she has struck at, constricted, and left it.
Today's meal i blamed myself, as when she constricted it, the rats
side busted :s, so i lifted her and put her in a plastic tub.
Me just being pernickidey again :D

Thanks, Matt.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mattc142 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 19:52:50
another thing i always do is remove his hide that he is in then offer him the meal ive noticed with my other snakes is that they wont take the prey properly if in a hide mite just be mine lol.
mattc142 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 19:50:33
i had this problem with coreys first feed so on the second one i let him strike then constrict but i kept hold of the mouse and gave him abit of resistance so he thinks its putting up a fight he constricted and touck it straight down ive done the same today and no problems give that a try if you dont do it already.if not do what the other guys say and change the size of the prey.
ppl_clectr Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:59:16
My Twinkie did this when I tried to move up to weaners, just went back to pups again.
Kelfezond Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:23:39
I know how you feel, I fed Cleo again last night and was expecting the same, she managed to nail it right on the nose and just kept eating though first feed in 4 months, very happy :D Yours will get there soon! :D
jebus Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:21:59
:( Tried her again last night, same thing, struck for it and hit, then just dropped the little blighter on the ground,
looked at me, and slithered back into her cave, little teaser :(
LittlestarRed Posted - 10/06/2012 : 11:39:50
My Pastel Boy does this on occasion.

Drives me loopy! LOL
JanieW Posted - 07/06/2012 : 21:50:12
Fea has done that when in shed..struck, coiled and left so I pick the mouse up by the tail and re-offer it. He always eats in even if it takes 3 tries :)
n/a Posted - 07/06/2012 : 21:42:46
Just royals - long as they don't lose too much weight (10/15%) no need to worry. My 2 girls have been fasting for yonks (with a little snacking) but what a pair of tubs, bless them. They ain't going to starve soon!
jebus Posted - 07/06/2012 : 21:29:04
They msut take pleasure in seeing us worry lol
Lotabob Posted - 07/06/2012 : 21:28:01
Just drop feed and disappear for a bit, its probably just been put off taking the time to eat it as they are hugely vulnerable while swallowing something in their mind anyway.
Kelfezond Posted - 07/06/2012 : 21:09:42
Cleopatra has been doing the same for a few months now really starting to irritate me, thinking I might drop the meal size and see if she handles it better she seems to just attempt it, not find the head and give up.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000