The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 new snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coxcats Posted - 09/06/2012 : 16:36:38
Hi, son is home on leave from Afghan & rather than wait until tour is over he has decided to get his new snake now. (Im keeping Sas lol)So we went to our local reptile shop and he chose a Pastel who is about 3yrs old. Very pretty boy who he has called Boris. We also had Sas sexed to double check he was a boy. He is lol. While we were there I ordered a new viv for Sas. His current one is 36x18x18. The new one is slightly larger at 36x24x24. It matches the one son has bought for Boris so i can stack them as I will be looking after Boris until end of September. I just hope i dont fall in love with Boris as well or I will end up keeping him too!All in all, an expensive trip! Will be picking up Boris & new vivs on Tuesday. Very excited. Sas ate a rat yesterday and is about to shed. This snake lark is fantastic!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxcats Posted - 12/06/2012 : 19:39:37
Thanks for that. Great idea. We have spent afternoon rearranging the furniture & have managed to get them side by side. Pics to follow!
n/a Posted - 12/06/2012 : 14:48:25
This is what I do with stacked vivs -

It creates a slight airspace and stops the overheating. Though with hindsight I wish I'd placed the dividers widthways, the full width of the vivs, or else sat the outer ones on the edge of the lower viv; better weight distribution that way. I just used up some old lengths of battening I had by me; I've also used thick lengths of polystyrene.

Congrats on Boris - he'll have hissed because he's new and strange - he'll soon settle down.
coxcats Posted - 12/06/2012 : 14:23:02
well Boris has arrived! Sas is installed in his new viv. Only problem I have is that as Boris is stacked on top of Sas his viv is steaming up from the heat of Sas's ceramic underneath him. Sas could do with the extra humidity as he is shedding but i cant swap them as Boris will eventually be going to Bulford so it's easier to have him on top. Boris hissed at son when he tried to get him out hahaha.
coxcats Posted - 10/06/2012 : 14:04:33
I know. Im hooked :)
ppl_clectr Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:56:32
Congrats on Boris arriving and on keeping Sas...you know this is just the beginning :)
mattc142 Posted - 09/06/2012 : 18:12:41
yes its very addictive im currently building my new viv for my new arrival in september. you cant help but fall in love with em lol
Fezza Posted - 09/06/2012 : 17:51:28
Good times

Dare you to not want to keep the pastel

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000