The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 BATS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GMac Posted - 10/06/2012 : 11:13:35
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Someone's playing silly buggers. Perhaps the same someone who reinstated my sig the night I didn't use it because I wasn't sure of Sharif's name. And who also mucked about with my profile at the same time. Which is bloody cheeky and disrespectful imo. 'Mods' please take note.

Bit tired of this, and it's not helping the OP who only wants to know how to defrost a mouse asap.

There are only 2 people that can change your profile, and that is myself and Blackecho, as well as the forum owners.

This is something we do not do, nor do we mess about with folks signatures, we may turn them off if they are oversize but woldnt turn them on.

As for editing posts, again if your posts are being edited by the forum team, it tells you at the bottom of the post edited by:xxxxxx.

If you notice anything untoward in your posts, please email me right away so i can look into it. But I can assure you your profile has not been tampered with.

Graeme

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/06/2012 : 23:14:26
Also meant to say - thanks for sorting it - glad this wasn't a figment of my imagination.
n/a Posted - 10/06/2012 : 18:06:40
Have emailed you back - thanks.
GMac Posted - 10/06/2012 : 17:42:08
BATS, I will email you about your profile. dont want to discuss it publicly ;)

As for you not being able to delete posts, that does concern me and shall look into that, but as ive said the only folks that can do that is BE and myself, and BE hasnt been around and ive been to busy hatching snakes.
n/a Posted - 10/06/2012 : 17:19:51
GMac.

This is what happened about my sig -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9209

I don't know if you saw this thread, but the night before Sharif arrived I'd decided on one name and put it on my banner, then decided I might change it.

I didn't just turn off my sig - I deleted the link I'd copied from the site where I created my banner. So the only way I could have reinstated my sig would have been to go into the banner website, and alter or even recreate the banner from scratch, and go through all the rigmarole of recopying into my profile. I'd no intention of doing this until Sharif arrived and I'd decided exactly which name he should have. So I know my sig was turned off all night, in fact deleted by me.

So I was pretty surprised the next day to find my sig reinstated. Plus a setting on my profile that I knew I had turned to 'off' was now 'on.' I ought to have said something about this at the time but thought it not worth making a fuss over. However I realised later, I did feel quite cross about it as I should have the right to decide on how my sig appears.

I can't possibly know what powers admin/mod staff have over my profile/posts, and when on this recent thread -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9526

I tried to amend what I thought was a typo and couldn't, I was puzzled. I first joked about it then got a bit cross, but didn't want the thread to go off-topic for the OP's sake, and I was very irritated to find that I couldn't even delete my posts and it was then that I remembered what had happened with my sig/profile and suspected a practical joke was being played. I think understandably - anyone might think this under the circumstances. I still don't understand why I couldn't just delete a post.

Thanks again Meadow for pointing out about the swear filter and sorry Luke for mucking up your post (hope the snake fed.)

But I hope, GMac, that you read the full thread, and realise why I was, and am, so annoyed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000