The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matthewsaint Posted - 10/06/2012 : 23:22:32
It was feeding day yesterday and my normal male (Neiko) took his weaner rat straight away as usual, no bother at all.

Then I tried the pastel female (Fifi) with the biggest rat pup I could find. She'd not eaten twice before this when I tried small mice so I thought I'd give something else ago just to get her feeding. Again though, she refused, I left it overnight and the rat pup was still there this morning, she had dragged it across to the cool end though. So I took it out and dropped it in with Neiko to see if he fancied another snack, came back 20 minutes later and it was gone! He doesn't stop eating! Think he'll be going onto small rats soon.

Any way, I know I've blabbed on, but does anyone have any advice for me that I could try with Fifi for her next feed? I've had her for just over 3 weeks and she's refused each meal. I'm not worried but I would like to see her eat :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittlestarRed Posted - 13/06/2012 : 10:58:57
2g in 3 weeks isn't much to worry about. She was 63g before she took the Rat Pup!
Hope your little one feeds for you soon!
matthewsaint Posted - 12/06/2012 : 16:44:12
Thanks for that :) I hope she feeds soon, I'm not too worried yet but it'd be nice to see her get some food in her belly! She's lost 2g in 3 weeks so I don't think that's too bad really, trying again on Friday with her so I will update here and let you know if she feeds :)

What weight was yours at when she took the rat pup?
LittlestarRed Posted - 12/06/2012 : 12:59:39
I got two babies a bit back. One fed on the 2nd week and the other I really struggled with! She hadn't fed after 8 weeks. I'd tried everything and I got desperate as she was so young and seemed to be losing condition! I confess I gave in and fed her live...never again!!! :(
She took the live, so I stopped worrying and kept trying with defrost mice for a couple of weeks,no luck.
I decided on a whim to try her with a rat pup, which I heated up to just below cooking point and then brained. She struck within 3 seconds of it crossing the rim of her RUB and has taken them for the last 3 weeks at normal temperature and no braining!

They will eat once they feel settled in and feel ready!

Good Luck with your little one!
matthewsaint Posted - 10/06/2012 : 23:50:18
ok cheers, she's 148g when I weighed her, should I keep trying with a small mouse?
Lotabob Posted - 10/06/2012 : 23:39:15
Nothing to worry about, she is just a bit nervous after the move, just keep trying for a few more weeks beofre even starting to worry.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000