The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 how to help fight the APA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 13:45:34
the IHS and FBH need our support an funding to fight the idiots from the APA and to stop them ruining out amazing hobby. the court case that is going on today will obviously be draining their funds so please help by joining the IHS an FBH and donate if you can even if its only a couple of quid. if we could all donate a small amount it all adds up to help the people that are fighting hard to stop these uneducated morons who have more funding as people think their doing good an donate to them.
i will be joining an donating as soon as i get paid in a weeks time.
heres the links
http://www.fbh.org.uk/
http://international-herpetological-society.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=78
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 15/06/2012 : 23:57:04
I just went to the APA facebook page and posted a message. This message in fact.

Within 2 minutes the post was removed and I was banned from posting.
Lincsfox Posted - 15/06/2012 : 23:21:32
Well put bob, I breed dogs, and for sure the kennel club have caused more distress over the years than any exotics breeder I've ever known.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/06/2012 : 22:57:49
Well said Bob, I agree with most of your point.
Lotabob Posted - 15/06/2012 : 21:37:10
It is such a shame that us animal lovers, people who genuinely want the best for our animals have to fight with an organisation that claims to be all for animal protection. It does make me mad that they seem to exaggerate the very few points of the exotic pet trade that I personally dont agree with either and totally underestimate the number of captive bred animals on the market. I know for sure that all my exotic animals with the possible exception of 1 (Chilean Rose Tarantula, origins unknown) are captive bred and therefore have caused absolutely no harm to the wild populations.

It also baffles me how the exotic pet trade is any different to any other part of the pet trade. Again there are parts of the pet trade I personally dont agree with but with cooperation between everyone these can and should be addressed and then it wouldn't be about a fighting b and c getting involved it would be clear responsibilities between all parties involved which satisfies everyone.

A pet trade ban will never happen, humans have been keeping and using animals for well forever so that is not an option so the next step is tighter controls on the pet trade and greater responsibilities for those involved and bigger penalties for those who breach these controls. As a responsible pet owner I would happily agree to this as I know I already do all I can for the welfare of my animals.

So yeah I will support the cause but I do hope that some form of negotiations are undertaken to put the resources of the APA to better use in protecting animals and not blindly going after a section of the pet trade that is on the vast past, not doing any wrong.

I also invite any APA members who have read this to come join the forum, and discuss your concerns with us, we are a polite and reasonable forum and I'm sure on many points we will all see eye to eye.
n/a Posted - 15/06/2012 : 20:26:54
LOL - she was pleading to come out earlier on but I was busy, so a while ago I opened her viv, moved a plant and ...bam! She got her jaws round my wrist. I was a bit surprised as she was totally soppy a couple of days ago. I just kept my hand still and told her to let go. She obeyed, after a few moments, and I lifted her hide off her, picked her up, she hissed and tail rattled, and stuffed her up my jumper. She's there still.

Never expect a pit to be predictable eh?

Back on topic - SO glad for IHS! Brilliant news! Been reading all the stuff over on RFUK - apa is ridiculous but if the IHS has rspca backing that is very good news.
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 20:08:25
haha good old ziska. she didnt want to be disturbed this evening then
n/a Posted - 15/06/2012 : 20:03:09
LOL! Ziska has just celebrated with a mouthful of Bats' blood!
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:08:53
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/reptile-shows-breeder-meetings/859330-ihs-show.html
Kelfezond Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:32:00
Bloody good show chaps
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:31:09
just been posted on RFUK an various reptile groups
n/a Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:29:14
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

from chris newman (IHS) they won an the show is on

YAY!!!!
Kelfezond Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:25:29
Really? :-o

Last I heard they were still waiting and there had been some last minute shenanigans from apa
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 18:23:45
from chris newman (IHS) they won an the show is on
mattc142 Posted - 15/06/2012 : 17:40:38
ill be donating after my hols for sure.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 15/06/2012 : 16:15:22
Donated ;)
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 15:20:18
no idea courts usually close at 4.30pm but will update you all as soon as i hear anything
Kelfezond Posted - 15/06/2012 : 14:26:13
You got any idea when the court hearing will be finished today?
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 14:05:41
haha im sure theres a few friends on mine that have just had their phones go mad
Kelfezond Posted - 15/06/2012 : 14:02:42
I've noticed lol, my phone is going berserk! xD Will join and donate and such as soon as money permits :)
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 14:02:14
no problem ive just posted this everywere reptile related i can think of

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000