The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 What Is This?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wolfspirit Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:14:01
Got Peanut out tonight as i wanted to check on him after the last time when i got him out and he was crackling, well he was crackling a bit more tonight, caught my cat on top of his viv the other night and it might have freaked him out a bit, i dont know, but then when i was looking him over i found these..

sorry for so many photo's he shed at the end of may, so i am thinking this is not what is causing him to have a pinkish belly..

Is this the start of blister disease or something worse?

could his moss hide be to damp? though he has not been in it for a couple of days.

I am worrying.

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Catherine Posted - 24/04/2009 : 10:28:42
I will take some and post later if that will help.
Blackecho Posted - 24/04/2009 : 10:22:07
Hi Catherine, do you have any photos?
Catherine Posted - 24/04/2009 : 09:39:27
I'm new here but wondered if anyone can help me with my royal? He seems to be losing some colour to his skin. He has shed today but these whitish patches are still present. He is eating okay and stuff so I am not sure what is going on.
Mulv Posted - 23/04/2009 : 13:18:37
My Sid has a pink belly all the way down, I'm guessing he's due to shed because he's looking quite dull too, but not sure about the blotchiness.
wolfspirit Posted - 22/04/2009 : 22:23:17
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

you bought some shares in F10 Anne??

lol it is cheaper than Baytril...

I am trying to save money...lol..

Just kidding, F10 is well known isnt it for killing RI's very quickly...

well so i am told...
Gingerpony Posted - 22/04/2009 : 20:06:58
you bought some shares in F10 Anne??
wolfspirit Posted - 21/04/2009 : 11:43:31
when he moves he makes a crackling kind of sound...you can hear it quite clearly...

the red blotches have gone now..lol.., but he is still crackling, have just spoke to my vet and am going to give him a week of F10 1 drop per nostril daily, he will see him if i have any further concerns...
Dazzetski Posted - 21/04/2009 : 10:58:20
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

well Peanut ate last week BE, i will keep an eye out, i am not happy he was crackling a lot tonight, so i might just book him in to go see the vet anyway and get this checked out.

Might sound dim, but what do you mean by "crackling"??
wolfspirit Posted - 21/04/2009 : 10:51:30
Thanks GP i already have, i took it out last night,

I know a belly is pink when in shed, but these were blotches...hence why i asked..

Sorry to be a pain..

Gingerpony Posted - 21/04/2009 : 08:12:51
i'd take out his moss hide and see if he improves, a minor infection should resolve itself if he has a healthy immune system
wolfspirit Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:53:11
well Peanut ate last week BE, i will keep an eye out, i am not happy he was crackling a lot tonight, so i might just book him in to go see the vet anyway and get this checked out.
Blackecho Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:45:19
Is it eating and growing well? - If so it could just be the onset of another shed.
wolfspirit Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:44:00
ok, this is a bit crap cos i have shaky hands...but i took this when it was meant to be a photo, it is a very short video..lol..sorry if it is
blurry..you can see the pink spot...

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v434/wolfhawk/?action=view¤t=000_0001.flv][/URL]
matty18714 Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:36:41
Mine goes all pink on the belly before a shed, its it all pink or is it blotchy?
wolfspirit Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:31:50
End of March, but he has two pink marks not that far apart one is just above his vent and the second one is the one in the first photo.. i could not get them in the photo cos they came out blurred.

I did think that but it was his belly scales in the second shot.

he seems ok, was alert, bless him.
Blackecho Posted - 20/04/2009 : 20:20:47
When did it last shed Anne?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000