The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Bloody shedding trouble!!! Still!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tdf Posted - 04/05/2009 : 19:47:16
After bathing and doing everything everyone has suggested my little man still has unshed skin on his head, thats the only place.

Both eye caps and the head.

If its not causing him problems is it OK to leave on till his next shed, If he sheds well then will it come off as well as the new shed?

I really am lost as to what to do!

Thanks guys
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Synloha Posted - 15/05/2009 : 13:51:15
How long has it been?
if its been a while (few weeks id say) and hes not showing any signs of re-shedding.
You have a few choices.
1. get a moss hide. Put him in there see what happends. after a few days (if the hide is big enough) Block the entrance and leave over night aslong as its ventilated its fine. after this you can try holding him and let him run through your hands with a towel.
2. Give him a bath. not many royals like this but aslong as its shallow should be ok. then run him through a towel same as above.
3. tell us your humnidity, Put it up if possible. make sure its not too high. then let him go through the towel. dont peal it if you can help it.
If the eyes arnt sorted after a few weeks if you trust your royal and it trusts you you can try getting a cotton wool bud put a little water on it and lightly wipe over the cap. it normaly works but be very carefull.

Gingerpony Posted - 04/05/2009 : 20:34:26
have you kept his humnidity really high for a few days then tried gently rubbing it off?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000