The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 toungue flicking and feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bpluv Posted - 03/06/2009 : 23:12:01
iv read alot that my snake should activly flick its tongue, but mine doesnt. iv seen a couple of times but only when im handling it, and it just pokes it out quick.
also im offering food daily and it does not seem interested 1 bit.
i tried last thursday[6 days ago] when it took the food bum first i took it off it, i was told it shouldnt eat like that but have since learned differant.
iv tried daily since with pinkies, fuzzies and even got some rat pups but not even a sniff, just goes strait over it.
iv tried puppeting with the food and rubbing it on its nose and neck, i then leave it in overnight. but nothing since last week and it never ate then, but obviously wanted to.
iv had it 2 weeks and its not eaten yet.

the shop where i bought it couldnt really tell me anything about it, it was a world of water store that seemed to do more fish than anything else.

anyone got any ideas for me to try?
vet said it looked healthy enough aswell

thanks in advance as i know someone can help me. thanks

neil
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bpluv Posted - 10/06/2009 : 22:52:24
sorry, i read it, but never re-read it to answer my question,lol.

thanks
wolfspirit Posted - 10/06/2009 : 13:58:52
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

Last time it was eating and you took its food away from it probably upset it.

Then trying to feed it every day will stress it out and one thing a stressed Royal will not do is eat.

Don't offer more regularly than every 5 days.

Leave it completely alone apart from to change the water and then try a feed.

Good luck.

Sorry Anne, this was the advice I gave.

Penny drops...

sorry Piers....
Blackecho Posted - 10/06/2009 : 13:18:14
quote:

Last time it was eating and you took its food away from it probably upset it.

Then trying to feed it every day will stress it out and one thing a stressed Royal will not do is eat.

Don't offer more regularly than every 5 days.

Leave it completely alone apart from to change the water and then try a feed.

Good luck.

Sorry Anne, this was the advice I gave.
wolfspirit Posted - 10/06/2009 : 12:07:30
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

how often are you attempting a feed?

you said you tried him yesterday 08/06/ and he never bothered and then you were warming another one up last night 09/06

you only need to try once a week..

Read the whole thread

i did.... or have i missed something,

look

" cpl qs. as i tried today and got nowhere," posted on the 8th

posted last night the 9th

"i got a fresh rat pup in there now and the snakes just been sat watching it for the last 5-10 mins."

i am not having a go or anything, or am i reading it wrong..
bpluv Posted - 10/06/2009 : 12:05:42
haha, thanks be, i didnt want to sound rude by saying that. i replied with a new tread thanks to rubbish mobile internet. thanks. neil
Blackecho Posted - 10/06/2009 : 11:35:41
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

you said you tried him yesterday 08/06/ and he never bothered and then you were warming another one up last night 09/06

Read the whole thread
wolfspirit Posted - 10/06/2009 : 06:38:58

bpluv Posted - 09/06/2009 : 21:47:44
iv tried mimicking movemants, iv tried pinkies, fuzzies, rat pups, really warm and not so warm, i even tried a freashly killed mouse, [from a friend of a friend that breeds for his snakes]and il admit i did try it live whilst i watched for 10 mins and it wasnt interested 1 bit.

i got a fresh rat pup in there now and the snakes just been sat watching it for the last 5-10 mins.

i added some more plastic bushs aswell today and it went strait over everything then sat watching this pup, pup was frozen in the shop so was defrosted well on my hour drive home from work, was soggy with blood aswell,lol.

is there anything im missing.

thanks
wolfspirit Posted - 09/06/2009 : 06:49:09
quote:
Originally posted by bpluv

lol, il try.
cpl qs. as i tried today and got nowhere, should i leave it another 5 days before i try again?
and does the snake need a day night period or can i leave the cover on completly.
apart from more hides, what can i add to make it feel secure. i just added another 2 will it need floor space other than whats between the hides,

at 6 months i would of been to the vet long time ago,lol, but i guess they know what they are doing...

thanks again.

neil

when you say you have taken it for a drive etc, what else have you been doing?
bpluv Posted - 08/06/2009 : 22:28:39
lol, il try.
cpl qs. as i tried today and got nowhere, should i leave it another 5 days before i try again?
and does the snake need a day night period or can i leave the cover on completly.
apart from more hides, what can i add to make it feel secure. i just added another 2 will it need floor space other than whats between the hides,

at 6 months i would of been to the vet long time ago,lol, but i guess they know what they are doing...

thanks again.

neil
Lee Posted - 08/06/2009 : 22:22:54
OMG I could not handle 6 months
lee2308 Posted - 08/06/2009 : 22:06:54
I know it's easier said then done but Stop worrying,this is what royals do.Sexychef's royal has just gone 6 months with out eating,if he's fine and not losing weight just stick in there.
bpluv Posted - 08/06/2009 : 21:31:47
im really starting to get stressed with my snake, its still not eating, i left it alone for 5 days, and still nothing, iv taken it for a drive etc. only thing i cant try is assisted feeding. but it dont want nothing. it seems active and generally as normal. iv had it 3 weeks now and its not eaten anything is it time to start worrying yet.
temperatures are all steady and humidity stays between 50-60%. seems happy in its viv.
iv handled it as little as possible and recently starting covering some of the glass with a towel so its not so open. but its still ignoring food.

any ideas people??

thanks in advance.

neil
bpluv Posted - 05/06/2009 : 21:38:51
yea, it just stops the skin building on top. and i live in london so we got really hard water, every little helps ;)
wolfspirit Posted - 05/06/2009 : 21:33:42
quote:
Originally posted by bpluv

oh, and with using aquatize in the water, would it be ok to leave 5 days if iy stays clean, or should i still do it every day or 2 even with the water conditioner?
thanks again.
neil

is Aquatize one of those water cleaners?

i dont bother, i just leave the water 24 hours then change it
bpluv Posted - 05/06/2009 : 20:44:29
lol, thanks for the advise, iv left it well alone since.
i was told it was 4 weeks when i got it so is about 6 weeks now. the aqatics place i got it didnt know to much about it, but said they wouldnt let it go till it eat and shed, so between the saterday and the tuesday it eat and shed...
im going to try again on monday night with a fuzzie. that will be 5 days then hopefully itll take it no problom.
should i cover up the viv glass with anything to stop my lights, tv and pc upsetting it? or not needed?
and il take any advise as i am a beginner and im guessing you all have or had royals at some time.
i also need to get some poo for the vet but i know it sounds stupid but what am i looking for?
thank you all.

neil
wolfspirit Posted - 04/06/2009 : 14:06:47
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

a sulky royal,nows theres a suprise lol

Lee, will you STOP picking on royals....

agreed with what BE says, the more you try feeding to quickly the more you stress the snake and will end up with a total non feeder, the key is to leave the snake well alone till it has had at least three - five feeds...

If you can do this, and i know it is hard, then the chances are high you will have a much happier snake..

ps, if this advice is wrong, pm me on the dark side, dont shout at me...thank you
lee2308 Posted - 04/06/2009 : 08:52:47
a sulky royal,nows theres a suprise lol
sexychef Posted - 04/06/2009 : 00:34:58
how old is your python?
bpluv Posted - 03/06/2009 : 23:35:39
ok sweet, il take that advise and see how we goil try again monday night and fingers crossed itll be very hungary.
if it takes a fuzzie monday should i try it with another as itll be 3 weeks atleast that it hasnt eaten.

thank you.

neil

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000