The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 A bump

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Danny Action1 Posted - 03/07/2009 : 19:45:28
Just thought i would ask 1 of my royals who is a live feeder looks like she has 3 pin holes in her looks like a rat claw/scratch but there is a bump under her skin if you know what i mean under the pin holes only small and i only noticed all this because of she is a albino what do you think just a bruise???
plus would take a pic to show you but its really small

Cheers Danny
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Danny Action1 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:22:06
well she will be ok i will keep a close eye on her im going to try and get all my royals on to fresh killed i think well if i can
Blackecho Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:14:23
Another reason not to live feed I suppose.
matty18714 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 19:44:17
I would get a vet to check it over anyway because of the lump (as its a half grand snake!)
Danny Action1 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 18:49:30
Well i had my Albino out tonight and the bump has gone but still has the pin holes so she should be ok i would of thought
Blackecho Posted - 03/07/2009 : 21:08:21
Poor snakey
Danny Action1 Posted - 03/07/2009 : 20:29:22
really bad pics but you can just see the holes
Danny Action1 Posted - 03/07/2009 : 20:27:33
Well got some not very good she would not stop moving always the way but here they are

Gingerpony Posted - 03/07/2009 : 20:21:55
BTW I'M NOT A VET!! so if in doubt seek veterinary advice!!
Gingerpony Posted - 03/07/2009 : 20:20:41
potentially an abscess........ the pin holes being what's left after any potential infection has been sealed in as the wound as it closed and started to heal.
can you bathe it with warm water with washing up liquid in? the washing up liquid will help remove any scabs sealing in any infection allowing the wound to drain. mix up the washing up liquid solution, put some cotton wool balls in and after each wipe discard the used cotton wool to help prevent contaminating the solution you're cleaning with. make sure you rinse or bath her to get rid of any residual washing up liquid. then apply Tamodine or similar once or twice a day and continue to monitor the size of the swelling. if it gets bigger or isn't resloved in a week i'd take her to a vet.
depending on where the wound is, it might be worth using paper as substrate to try and keep it as clean as possible
wolfspirit Posted - 03/07/2009 : 20:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Action1

As i said it looks like 3 pin holes thats all but under the skin is a bump smaller than half a pea so might just give it a week and see if it gets bigger or smaller

But the pin holes are all clean and not open and she is fine with it all cant get to close to them as they are near her head

Cheers Danny

is it recent? if so it may just be the normal swelling you get like when you get a cut,

i would say for now keep it clean, but your probably doing that anyway...

Danny Action1 Posted - 03/07/2009 : 19:59:03
As i said it looks like 3 pin holes thats all but under the skin is a bump smaller than half a pea so might just give it a week and see if it gets bigger or smaller

But the pin holes are all clean and not open and she is fine with it all cant get to close to them as they are near her head

Cheers Danny
wolfspirit Posted - 03/07/2009 : 19:58:48
Just spoke to Ali, she will be on here later when she has finished work ;-)
wolfspirit Posted - 03/07/2009 : 19:52:53
are you sure it is a scratch and not a bite?

either way it could be the beginnings of an abscess and till Ali comes along i would suggest one of two things..

if the wound is open Tamodine ..if it has healed over and is coming from under the skin...then i would say vets...

abscesses in snakes are a nightmare to drain..so if it is, needs to be treated asap. i think,

Damn it, think Ali is away this weekend...not sure...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000