The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Advice for my first Royals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sonata Posted - 06/07/2009 : 16:08:52
Hi people, I got my Royals 3 days ago from a breeder my father knows. They are currently 7 month old, I own 2 royals and love them. They are my first reptile so this is new to me, but I did my research before-hand. so one of my Royals have a silver eye, it's been like this since i purchased them. I took no fret over it when i saw them since I figured it was just starting it's shedding, but it's still silver, it's skin is still has a beautiful smooth feel, and the other eye is fine. he also seem's healthy enough to try and get in my t-shirt through the arm, lol. He's also content and using his tounge while being handled. Can someone tell me what this may be i'm beginning to worry.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfspirit Posted - 06/07/2009 : 19:27:56
yay well done.

dont worry, i think we all fret over our snakes at some point or other....

I know i do
Blackecho Posted - 06/07/2009 : 19:16:28
I know its done now, but I should say that warm water should probably only feel cool to us (about 30C is fine), otherwise you may overheat it.

Congrats on the eye-cap removal
Sonata Posted - 06/07/2009 : 19:03:11
I put him in a bowl of warm water with water conditioner (exo-terra) and tried the towel idea, worked like a charm. I thank you all I get very paranoid if I think my animal is in harms way. so again thank's, for all of your suggestion's and responses.
Blackecho Posted - 06/07/2009 : 18:23:33
How long since it last shed? - if its due soon you could wait and see if it comes off next time. If you determine it is definitely a retained cap you could (carefully) try rubbing with a damp cotton bud.
Sonata Posted - 06/07/2009 : 18:08:08
Apologies. I'm unable to find my cable that connects my mobile phone to the computer to upload a picture, but for due time untill i get a camera to upload a picture of his eye, can you tell me if he is in any danger, I guess that's the most thing im worried about is his health.
Gingerpony Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:23:13
a pic wouldn't go amiss...............
but yes it sounds like a damaged eye or retained 'spectacle'
wolfspirit Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:01:02
it sounds like he has a retained eye cap..

you can try two things, add a moss box or let him run through a damp towel a few times and see if it comes off with a little light pressure as he goes through the towel..

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000