The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Is this normal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 14:59:54
hi all my new royal taz just shed a few days ago iv had him just over a week now was told by shop to offer him food 2 days after i got him as he was due to eat then but they said he might go of feeding for a bit due to the move anyway i offerd him a rat pup he refused to eat it even after i brained it he is an active wee guy come's out of his hot hid and goes round his viv and drinks what i wanna know is is this normal for a baby ??? ps sorry for the story im just worried because we lost Kaa thx for any info
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 17:02:39
will do
Blackecho Posted - 08/08/2009 : 16:57:27
Defrost one of each, but try the rat first
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 16:38:46
But do you think i should offer a mouse or rat pup im not sure what he's used to ???
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 16:20:25
np if he's not gonna eat ill down size
Blackecho Posted - 08/08/2009 : 16:16:29
Then if he's had a week alone I would try feeding again, heat it up nice and warm and keep your fingers crossed.

If it doesn't work then I'd really recommend downsizing the viv.
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 16:14:43
yeah iv just left him to settle in with no contact just changeing his water but he is more active right now than he's ever been still roaming tank
Blackecho Posted - 08/08/2009 : 16:00:35
Ok, so you tried to feed him after 2 days (probably stressed him out a bit after the move), he's in a 3' viv (probably stressing him out a bit) and he's not eating, you don't really need our advice do you, you know what we're going to say

Anyway, since he didn't eat on the second day, you've had him for a further week, has he been left alone for this period?
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 15:49:58
hes a few weeks old i think donno exactly how old he is he was in 3 ft tank when i got him and seems happy in his viv still exploring right now climing up glass was thinking about offering him a mouse insted of a rat pup just in case thats what he's used to but i donno i don't wanna feak him out
wolfspirit Posted - 08/08/2009 : 15:22:48
quote:
Originally posted by RoYaLsRuLe

hes in a 3 ft viv i know it's to big for baby but it's realy full of logs and plants (fake one's) temps 31 c iv had him for 1 week and a half now i think hes out right now cruiseing around his viv he has yawned twice in the last hour cool but weird to see

you should really get him into a rub, he may get used to it, but he may also not..

how old is he? keep an eye on the yawning to, that is also a sign of a stressed snake and one that could be heading for an ri...

but it is also something royals do...
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 08/08/2009 : 15:21:11
hes in a 3 ft viv i know it's to big for baby but it's realy full of logs and plants (fake one's) temps 31 c iv had him for 1 week and a half now i think hes out right now cruiseing around his viv he has yawned twice in the last hour cool but weird to see
wolfspirit Posted - 08/08/2009 : 15:08:02
when did you offer the food? was it after he shed? and how long have you had him?

ideally you should give him 7-10 days to settle before offering really..

what kind of set up do you have for him? and whats your temps and stuff like?

dont be sorry...if in doubt always feel free to ask..

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000