The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Help really worried...!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marvolo Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:11:04
Ok, I have been keeping snakes and other reptiles for 8 years and have been floored by a hatchling python...!!
He is just 12 weeks old and we have had him for 6...
He absolutely refused to eat up until yesterday when i managed to assist feed him one mouse!
I have noticed that he has several blisters on his body, which I am presuming is blister disease, and have completely panicked! I have never had any snake with an illness so I need to ask the pro's!!
He hasn't shed yet, will he shed now he has eaten and has some energy? the viv is absolutely perfect with temps etc. and he is not stressed at all.
please help
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfspirit Posted - 11/08/2009 : 16:49:16
i dont change any of my temps at all, leave them the same day and night, there is really no need to lower them...
boze Posted - 11/08/2009 : 15:39:59
Night time temps seem a little low too. Should be about 90F during the day and if you decide to do a night time drop it should only be a couple of degrees lower.

Got any pics of your set-up?

D
matty18714 Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:46:29
Yes, but what is the temp at the cool end of the viv during the day? A pic of your setup would help alot.

Are the blisters on the belly of the snake? Its definatly worth taking the snake to an exotics vet. If the blisters burst, the snake is at risk of septicemia (blood poisoning) which is very serious.

Have a read of this. http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/225332-blister-disease.html
Marvolo Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:37:50
yeah the bulb is guarded so he can't touch it and yeah it's on a thermostat so it's constant.
it's set to 32c at the moment in the day and falls to 25c at night ??
matty18714 Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:35:20
Whats your temperature range in the viv during the day? Is the bulb guarded? Is it on a thermostat?
Marvolo Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:31:31
I will try and get some pictures up!
the humidity sits around 35-45% and is heated with a heat lamp which keeps the day temps at constant 90 and night at constant 80 ??
The blisters are wierd, i thought they were retained scales at first but they have now gone very dry and look like dry patches so there definately not retained scales...i'm hoping they will go when he next sheds but don't know when that will be
matty18714 Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:24:11
Can you take a pic of his set up and the blisters? Whats the humidity? How are you heating the viv?
Marvolo Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:19:53
we've got him on repti bark...we've tried to feed him every week since we've got him and yesterday was the first one he actually balled around and ate...I assist fed him because he payed no attention at all to the mice!
He never balls when he is picked up, and has never bitten or even hissed so i presume he's pretty happy...??
matty18714 Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:14:28
What are you using as substrate? How have you tried to feed him? What have you tried to feed him? How often are you trying to feed him? Whats its weight?

Also, you cant really say hes not stressed at all, its very likly that he is.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000