The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Taz not eating !!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 14/08/2009 : 22:41:04
had taz for 3 weeks now let him settle for a week and tryed to feed him but he was not intrested tryed a week later same not intrested tryed again tonight same again!!! hes realy active for most of the day his viv and temps are all in order hes not geting held until he's had a few feeds and i know royals can go with out food for a long time but im still worried he's only a baby after all oh im offering rat pups thanx in advance
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kashie Posted - 10/10/2009 : 22:52:45
Brilliant news - well done - lets hope he keeps it up.
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 06/10/2009 : 21:34:35
taz struck rat pup for first time and all is well i defrost rat pup on his viv and drop in hot water for 2 mins just to give it a bit of heat and bang so looking good
spor Posted - 27/08/2009 : 00:18:21
new home looks a lot better but cant tell from the vid. Can you see through all for sides? It would be a good idea too get some black card and cover up 3 of the side just to allow the snake to feel a bit more secure.
spor Posted - 27/08/2009 : 00:14:13
good luck with feeding friday night. i have just read through the thread here. How are you heating the food Item. i know a lot of people have different methods. but it is also possible to over heat the item which can give off a burnt or cooked scent to the snake and put them off.

has been any tongue flicking or coming over to investigate the food at all. Getting her back to the shop if she doesn't feed is probably the best thing you could done. i have had to do the same with one of mine recently and have just collected her back once I was happy and she was feeding ok.

do you know if she had eaten at all before you took her home. You said she was nine week old and you have had her almost 4weeks now. so she could not have eaten a great deal before.

Any way fingers crossed and keep us posted i see that WS was looking after you anyway so you were in vry good hands.
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 25/08/2009 : 20:39:19
wee update taz doing much better sleeping during day active later in day but is still not eating 4 weeks now but the shop i got him from offerd to keep him and get him feeding so if he does not eat on friday hell be going to the shop on sat ps thatnx for all posts
wolfspirit Posted - 22/08/2009 : 14:38:30
quote:
Originally posted by RoYaLsRuLe

im gonna do just that and i just got vines to fill up some space in there and to give him sommit to climb on

good luck and keep us posted ok
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 22/08/2009 : 13:50:04
im gonna do just that and i just got vines to fill up some space in there and to give him sommit to climb on
wolfspirit Posted - 21/08/2009 : 20:07:00
quote:

heat mat is at the right hand side but he has settled a bit stilkl active but not as much now

have you got any margarine tubs you can make holes in to make him smaller secure hides or cut down plants pots..anything that will help him to feel secure and does not make him feel exposed to bigger prey animals..
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 21/08/2009 : 19:29:57
heat mat is at the right hand side but he has settled a bit stilkl active but not as much now
wolfspirit Posted - 21/08/2009 : 17:11:37
it looks better, might need a smaller hide at the back, but see how he goes..where is your heat source? is that at the back as well?

Is he settling more or still out and about?
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 20/08/2009 : 18:54:57
put taz in small viv 10L tank and hes doing fine put a vid of it up in vid section hope its ok for him
wolfspirit Posted - 16/08/2009 : 08:55:22
quote:

im not useing lamp its fitted but i dont use it because i use heat mat and my viv is glass

thats good then, cos they dont need that light and it would interfere with there natural cycle..

i dont have a glass viv, but there are others on here who do and can assist with getting temps up...

i know they dont hold heat very well...
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 15/08/2009 : 19:18:15
im not useing lamp its fitted but i dont use it because i use heat mat and my viv is glass
Blackecho Posted - 15/08/2009 : 08:25:48
You can buy RUBs from Staples too.
wolfspirit Posted - 15/08/2009 : 00:05:22
this is the set up i have for my royal and he is now 16 months old but i never put him in there till he was 9 months old..it has changed since then with more cover and he is flourishing now..but it gives you an idea of how it should be for when they are older

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1481

and some more shots on this link of royal set ups

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1011&SearchTerms=set,ups
and more here just so as you can get some ideas...

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1640&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=set,ups
wolfspirit Posted - 14/08/2009 : 23:59:28
thats another problem, the light will interfere and he can see it,

whats type of viv have you got? is it glass or wooden?

he needs to be either on an infra red or a ceramic running off either a dimmer for the infrared or a pulse for the ceramic

are you using a stat for that basking lamp?

you need to ditch it...that on its own will cause you problems and stress your snake out..
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 14/08/2009 : 23:55:03
yes he can get under logs the lamp is a white light a heat bulb
wolfspirit Posted - 14/08/2009 : 23:49:01
by basking lamp do you mean an infra red heat bulb? if not what colour is it?

and can the logs be used as hides, can he get under them?
RoYaLsRuLe Posted - 14/08/2009 : 23:43:02
digi lucky reptile therm i got basking lamp to but it's allways off makes vciv to hot he has lots of logs and fake plants he always climbs on them all
wolfspirit Posted - 14/08/2009 : 23:40:33
quote:

his hot end is at 32 c amd cool at 22 c he has a log hide in cool end and exo tera med hide in hot end

does he have any other hides? they like hides where they can feel secure, so small to start with is good..and with such a big viv for him you could do with at least another two or three hides..

what else is in there?

cool end is to low, could do with coming up to around 26 c

how are you measuring temps? is it with difital thermometers?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000