The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Small Shedding Issue!?!?!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pablo Posted - 19/08/2009 : 00:01:13
Ok. Clyde is doing great: First poo, 3 successful feeds (including larger prey) and first shed. But therein lies the problem!

He still has a small piece of his shed attached under his head (it's only around 2cm sqr)

I have tried bathing him. He don't like that much, wouldn't get the area anywhere near the water! I tried the damp pillow case for around 20mins and it is still there, and this evening I tried letting him run through a damp towel. The lazy g1t just coiled up and laid there (I swear he was sleeping)

He has a moss box and I put a larger water bowel in the faun so he can bathe and to raise the humidity a bit. The water bowl has some roughish edges to and the plants seem to be working at removing a lot of it. He didn't have a great shed but what has come off came off in 2 large pieces

Any suggestions?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pablo Posted - 22/08/2009 : 00:13:54
Got most of it now.... but he's getting at bit stroppy with me trying to help. There's just a tiny bit left. Will this be alright to leave???

Never had this problem before :(
dazb Posted - 19/08/2009 : 18:14:53
Had to help shelia out of her shed last nite...all 5+foot of her.

Let her soak for a while then used a damp towel. Just watch for her relieving herself when you get near her vent...
karl Posted - 19/08/2009 : 09:30:09
if you hold that little flap he will do the rest for you, Boo did. Basically you act as the "something to snag it on" and they apply the pressure
pablo Posted - 19/08/2009 : 00:42:50
Thanks BE.

I wasn't too sure whether or not that would be ok, don't want to damage him.

Thanks again
Blackecho Posted - 19/08/2009 : 00:27:10
Just give it a gentle rub with a damp towel or flannel.
pablo Posted - 19/08/2009 : 00:11:57
This is his large water bowl (which he seems to really like)

You can just about see the piece of shed under his head. Well I suppose it is just behind his head. It's that little shiney piece that looks out of place (although I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that)

pablo Posted - 19/08/2009 : 00:02:07
I, of course, meant BOWL not BOWEL!!!!!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000