The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 still cant shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
koreybum Posted - 24/09/2009 : 21:56:29
my royal has been trying 2 shed now 4 about 3 weeks. the skin has come away from his head but thats all. he is a very dull colour and lots of extra skin around the body but cant seem 2 get it off. have tried a bath, but he hated every min of it and have put a damp hide in but still no joy. he has also stopped eating during this period, so wondered if anyone could help with any more ideas?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 26/09/2009 : 22:26:28
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

...get a small rub and in the bottom i put loads of fairly damp kitchen towel, then put him in and left him in his viv near to the warm end so he did not get cold and then left him sealed in there for 24 hours..

on a similar note to Anne's, a RUB with tepid (approx 30*C) water and a stone in the middle....... leave for a hour....... should fix it

as for Shed-Aid i've heard good things too but never used it. i have an OAP corn who can only shed if a damp hide is provided and occasionally a bath to finish the job off
kashie Posted - 26/09/2009 : 12:26:43
Shed Aid will help shift the hard to shift skin - it is very good and I know people on here have used this with good results.
I wouldn't worry too much about how stressed they get when trying to assist the shed, as they soon realise that you are trying to help and will eventually settle down and let you get on with it.
chris100575 Posted - 25/09/2009 : 19:19:31
Stating the obvious, but don't forget to put airholes in the rub.
koreybum Posted - 24/09/2009 : 22:24:26
i will give that a try thanks.
wolfspirit Posted - 24/09/2009 : 22:14:29
you can get some stuff called shed aid or something like that, that helps so i am told, but never used it...

what i did with Oscar was to get a small rub and in the bottom i put loads of fairly damp kitchen towel, then put him in and left him in his viv near to the warm end so he did not get cold and then left him sealed in there for 24 hours..he might not have liked it, but it did the job fine and i did not have to stress him with a bath which he also hates and he will not use a moss box either...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000