The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Eye Dent

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boze Posted - 03/10/2009 : 17:39:59
Hey folks, right.... When I first got Sal it was only about 2 weeks until she went into shed and a day or two after her eyes cleared she dented one of them which I understood to be ok as it was the old outer eye cap. But when her skin came off her eye was still a tiny bit dented. Well when she shed this time (bout a week ago) the dent was gone, which is great. But she now has ANOTHER dent!!! Thing is she isnt coming up to shed this time so is this a problem? Will she be in pain or anything? She doesnt seem bothered by it at all and is still feeding fine.

D

::EDIT::
She has always shed perfectly, always in one piece including eye caps.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Debbie Posted - 12/10/2009 : 22:26:41
I think I missed this thread at some point. We keep the damp hide in until we see a skin left in there minus the snake. We use a rub with a warm damp cotton dishcloth in there. We wash the dishcloth every day and I think that the slight abrasiveness of the cloth helps. Have you resolved the eye dent problem yet?
boze Posted - 04/10/2009 : 16:24:52
Thanks guys Ill give her a wee bath and get a damp hide in place of her cool hide. How long should I keep the damp hide in?

D
spor Posted - 04/10/2009 : 01:51:52
yeah as above. you could also may be add some of the electrolyte products to her drinking water. such as reptoboost. helps balnce thing out a bit. good luck and let us know how she gets on.
Gingerpony Posted - 03/10/2009 : 21:35:50
a tepid bath can help hydrate them as they absorb moisture through their skin (between their scales) alternatively add a damp hide or the occasional misting depending on how your humidity is looking
Blackecho Posted - 03/10/2009 : 18:39:26
As Matty says, the two main culprits for eye dents are not shedding the caps and dehydration.
matty18714 Posted - 03/10/2009 : 17:56:45
Eye dents are linked to dehydration. Give the snake a damp hide or give it a quick spray.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000