The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 new royal not looking good

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mariak Posted - 10/11/2009 : 23:16:55
I have just picked up 2 new royals tonight and called them bob and marley.Marley seeems fine alert and curious while Bob seems to be quite lethargic and has hardly moved since i got him home.Would also say he is looking a little dehydrated but i am quite new to keeping snakes so not really sure.The breeder i bought them off had said they were both 6 months old but my other 5 month royal Boo is nearly 2ft and weighs 198g while Marley is 89g and poor old Bob is only 71g.He also seems to be in the process of shedding.I am a little concerned about him but apart from what i have mentioned he is otherwise healthy looking no wheezing or discharge or any thing like that any advice would be a great help THANKS.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 18:52:57
me to waiting for vet to ring back now
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 18:52:00
no chance of that.dont think i would let it go back now any way its obviously had a bad start in life just hope its gonna be ok i will do everthing i can now for it.
HannahB Posted - 11/11/2009 : 18:50:32
hope poor little bob is ok
Blackecho Posted - 11/11/2009 : 18:13:35
Oh dear, might be worth contacting whoever you got them from yesterday. Get them to pay for the vet bills or exchange!
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 17:17:55
just notice the poor little thing is blowing bubbles from his mouth i have moved his Rub to a different room from my other snakes now just in case.
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 14:09:38
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy223/mariak1976/PICT0472.jpg[/IMG
hopefully these are a bit better
kashie Posted - 11/11/2009 : 12:43:30
If he is pre shed he may not show any interest in food and will tend to sleep for a week or so before.
As BE says, I would leave for a week to allow him to settle - shed - then try again with a feed.
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 11:19:33
I meant to say small mouse i have added pic but its not a very good one at the moment will try to get a better one on later i managed to measure him tho and he is approx 43cm long.
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 11:15:17
IMG]http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy223/mariak1976/PICT0456.jpg[/IMG]
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 09:13:55
They are housed separately all in RUBs at the moment.Bob seems to be a little more curious this morning and i did notice that he had a drink last night.I know you said to leave for a week but the breeder said they were due for a feed so attempted to feed this morning Marley struck and fed with no problems but Bob showed no interest at all with a medium mouse.
Blackecho Posted - 11/11/2009 : 06:34:27
If he's in shed then its not surprising that he's lethargic. Make sure they have fresh water and leave alone for a week except to change water every other day.

Are they housed separately?
mariak Posted - 11/11/2009 : 01:13:03
i will try and put some pics up tomotrrow. They are both snmaller than Boo when i got her she was 114g and 3 months old.They are due a feed so will attempted feeding tomorrow.He said they are feeding on small mice and strike fed the last 3 or 4 times.Worried that Bob is dehydrated at the mo so advice bout that would help to get me started on the right track Thanks.
spor Posted - 11/11/2009 : 00:41:03
photos would help to access condition.
what did breeder say about feeding. If they are 6months they most be very poor feeders.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000