The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 An update on Basil

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mark.L Posted - 19/11/2009 : 10:26:25
Have taken Basil back to the vets and he has had his second injection of antibiotics as he doesn't seem any better. The vet has given me more antibiotics and some needles to give further injections every 4 days for the next 3 weeks, not looking forward to this ! We've also got to continue bathing him for 20 minutes every day so that he doesn't dehydrate.

The vet has told us that if the injections don't cure the problem the next step would be to take swabs from his mouth to find out exactly what bacteria are present.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 19/11/2009 : 18:00:37
hope it works for you
Mark.L Posted - 19/11/2009 : 11:46:21
He doesn't look dehydrated but the vet said the antibiotic has a dehydrating effect and because we can't guarantee he will drink the baths are to make sure he takes on some fluid. The vet seems to know what she is talking about and if it does the trick then that's great!
Blackecho Posted - 19/11/2009 : 10:40:37
Fingers crossed that'll get it sorted now Mark. Not heard of the daily bathing before, does he look dehydrated?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000