The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 ok panic.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ruxpin64 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 02:00:08
Had hobbes, out this eve, and all of sudden he's started squeeking from his nose?, he was fine yesterday, when handeled not a peep, its literally all of a sudden, he hasn't been off food, infact he's guttier than ever and has learnt what the blue box means, and sits in anticapation of a meal.
I have also noticed however his stomach has also gone quite pink, also not like that last night, I check regular due to the scars on his tum from previous owners, just to make sure there's nothing more sinister, but they have been fine for the 6-7 weeks I've had him.
It I guess after 6 weeks be time for a shed, so I guess that would be a possibilty,and have provided him a damp hide, and repositioned his water bowl to increase the humitdty,
His temps have been fine especially with the new heat source, 33c hot 24 in the cooler end, he spends most time in the hot end, and a humidity of around 50, he has clean water, and regular cleans/spot cleans.
And otherwise he seems livley, but as of now squeaky. I did spot when handling him what I thought looked like a tiny piece of dry skin, and when he brushed his head on me it appeared a few flakes may have come off, alo I'm not 100 percent, and he does appear slighlty but not overley pale/dull.
Anyways I'm panicking, assuming the worst and probally planning a trip to the vet tommorow, but don't wanna jump the gun and cart him around stress him out with out due cause, any help appriciated.
Ash.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 01/12/2009 : 16:35:18
Congrats.
ruxpin64 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 14:47:58
Just a quick update, woke up this morning to find hobbes asleep underneath his mossy box,
And when I checked inside, to my delight he has shed, a complete one too, which on previous evidence he hasn't done before.
And also not so much to my delight left me the biggest gift I had ever seen right on top of it
Lol.
ruxpin64 Posted - 23/11/2009 : 01:04:03
In answer to the question will he eat?, its a no lol, it was like a small child and broccoli lol. Brained it and everything, oh well, his eyes look as if they're just turning they're goin blueish, and you can hear his tummy crackle a bit, so looks as if it is a shed to me.
I've left his food in his cage for a bit see if he changes his mind but I doubt it the way he was acting.
Not to worried tho, as he's been a great feeder, I suspect its just the shed.
Robert Posted - 20/11/2009 : 21:58:21
I offer food to mine too and most times they do take !! :)
Blackecho Posted - 20/11/2009 : 14:21:31
I offer all of mine and they will take it if they want it.
ruxpin64 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 13:15:45
Ahhh I see, pretty simalar to my corn then, just with a pink belly lol. I'm assuming not to feed then as with her.
Thankyou for the advice/help, shall keep a close eye on him still.
Blackecho Posted - 20/11/2009 : 10:52:08
The next thing you'll notice is the eyes clouding over, then they will clear. After they clear they shed within a week as a general rule.
ruxpin64 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 07:28:02
and one other question, how long roughly does the shedding process take from this point on? On avrage I know some snakes may take longer.
ruxpin64 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 07:25:44
Thanks be, just checked on him, and he has been in the damp hide the noise has stopped. And the pinkness dosent look as bright. So hopefuly that's what it was. And no there's not been a any mucus or bubbles or such.
Blackecho Posted - 20/11/2009 : 06:31:31
The pink belly is a sign of an upcoming shed. As the skin loosens at this time it can cause nasal noise on occasion. If there is no mucus or excess saliva around the mouth then I'd leave him until he's shed personally. Monitor him closely and obviously if it gets worse at all go and see the vet.
ruxpin64 Posted - 20/11/2009 : 02:19:00
Also, I have realised he's not doing it when he's not disturbed/resting?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000