The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Sexing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snecklifter Posted - 06/09/2010 : 12:42:25
Would like to get my royal sexed, would it be true to say that the longer I leave it, the more accurate the vet will be in determining the sex, or doesn't it matter, just go get it done?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 20/09/2010 : 13:57:33
In answer to your question, it is easier to sex them when they are hatchlings because you can just pop them. The older they get the harder it is to pop, so you'll have to probe.

But, in any case, you can sex a snake at any age.
Snecklifter Posted - 18/09/2010 : 14:17:35
Well, we took him to the store and the lady attempted to probe, only snakey wasn't having any of that and pronptly squeezed the proverbial but cheeks together - this may suggest its a boy as they have stronger muscles in that area, but on the other hand, the spurs are very small, so it could be a girl!

Humph! Well, will leave it six months and hopefully it'll be a little more relaxed next time.
Snecklifter Posted - 07/09/2010 : 10:31:37
Thanks Heaton & BE, i'll go to where I got it from and get them to do it.
Blackecho Posted - 06/09/2010 : 19:27:26
You can get it done whenever, but as above there are cheaper alternatives than the vet. There are two ways, popping and probing, probing is more accurate.
Snecklifter Posted - 06/09/2010 : 19:06:29
Er...yeah, but I want to know if it would be better to leave it a while or to just go now, will it be easier to sex, the older it is?
heaton177 Posted - 06/09/2010 : 17:47:35
can you not ask in the petshop you got it from to sex it? cause the man in the shop i got mine from sexed mine and they didnt charge me. im presuming the vet will charge you?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000